test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Freecam command: changed or removed?

johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
Hi. Just noticed that the old freecam command:

/ugc_freecam 1

is not working. I wonder if it has changed again?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    commandermiccommandermic Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i also realized this, very very bad. but i don't think that's a bug, more that this is intentionally...
    was already at the tribble foundry before season 8 launch.

all i have to say to this:

Cryptic, please give us back freecam command immediately, it is the most important tool of the foundry!!!
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was changed awhile back, but it's been so long since I've been in the Foundry that I can't remember the new command.

Anyone else remember? Maybe they changed it back to the original one, which I show in my tutorial.

Try /freecam 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I tried many variations, including /freecam 1.
    No luck so far.

Right before Season 8 it was: /ugc_freecam 1
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sigh, it would be really helpful if whoever is changing the base command could, at the very least, inform us of what the new command is.

This is quite amazing. Nobody told us it was there, and we had to discover the tool that greatly improved functionality. The command code changed and nobody informed us of the new command. Pendra discovered it. Now it's changed again with zero communication.

This is quite bizarre. IMO, freecam has been one of the most important additions to the Foundry. Yet, they act like it's incidental whether or not we even know the command.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, I've found a command... Although it doesn't work in my ground preview :rolleyes:.

/gslUGC_freecammode <int> (<int> == 0 or 1).

Maybe you guys can work it out from here.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    It was changed awhile back, but it's been so long since I've been in the Foundry that I can't remember the new command.

Anyone else remember? Maybe they changed it back to the original one, which I show in my tutorial.

Try /freecam 1
    Sigh, it would be really helpful if whoever is changing the base command could, at the very least, inform us of what the new command is.

This is quite amazing. Nobody told us it was there, and we had to discover the tool that greatly improved functionality. The command code changed and nobody informed us of the new command. Pendra discovered it. Now it's changed again with zero communication.

This is quite bizarre. IMO, freecam has been one of the most important additions to the Foundry. Yet, they act like it's incidental whether or not we even know the command.

Agreed. I could not function without it! All my building is done in freecam mode.
  • Options
    commandermiccommandermic Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    signed^^
    at the german foundry community a little time ago someone has written a great foundry guide, more than 400 pages - compared to this the "foundry guide" from the official site looks like a bad joke.

Agreed. I could not function without it! All my building is done in freecam mode.
    totally agree^^
    ever tried to build a large cave? i've done that in my last spotlight mission, would be really impossible without freecam :eek:
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    I'll look into this. .
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good luck and thank you, Frost.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll look into this. .
    Thank you ! This is (was ?) an awesome feature, and a must have to build maps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you Cryptic Frost!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Still no word on freecam command?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Still no word on freecam command?

Yeah, in my mind, this investigation should be akin to walking somewhere at Cryptic and asking somebody, "What happened to the /freecam command? Did it change? What is the new command?" I'm not sure why an answer to this question is taking so long, other than the holiday season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That assumes the change was intentional. If not, it gets more complicated. I haven't looked lately, but I believe that freecam is a actual button in Neverwinter. It's possible we had more NW code brought in that changed the command, but not the UI changes to get the button.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    The command is broken and it's on the official list of needed fixes, which is different from my list of existing bugs, so the powers that be are aware of the issue and have officially recognized it as something the needs to be fixed soon. Beyond that, I have no E.T.A. of when such might appear. It might show up as early as the next big update but I expect that it won't make it in until a bit later as our software guys are under a lot of pressure and expectation for some other big system updates.

That's all I've got at this time.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    wfs5519wfs5519 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While on the cam subject....is it possible to make a cam setting that brings you closer to one's small craft toon? Its tough to maneuver a dot on your screen, when operating shuttlecraft. Even the closest setting makes your shuttle the size of a flea. maybe have it automatically set when in small craft or a toggle switch.

might be a good time to consider, since you guys are integrating small craft pvp
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    thanks Frost. At least knowing it's broken tells us that it's different than last time, when the command just changed and nobody told us what the new command was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jauhn82jauhn82 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The command is broken and it's on the official list of needed fixes, which is different from my list of existing bugs, so the powers that be are aware of the issue and have officially recognized it as something the needs to be fixed soon. Beyond that, I have no E.T.A. of when such might appear. It might show up as early as the next big update but I expect that it won't make it in until a bit later as our software guys are under a lot of pressure and expectation for some other big system updates.

That's all I've got at this time.

Thank you for letting us know, and please let both power that be and software peps know that we (or at least me) do appreciate their hard work and their support to the Foundry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Rellimtime82 - Foundry Author
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jauhn82 wrote: »
    Thank you for letting us know, and please let both power that be and software peps know that we (or at least me) do appreciate their hard work and their support to the Foundry

Ditto to that.
  • Options
    davidclitchfielddavidclitchfield Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Come on guys, any news when this will be fixed?
  • Options
    starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I notice that Smirk "freecamed" during the video that was made to reveal the Dr Spock statues.

Does anyone know the commands required?

It will make it a lot easier to make videos of STO if we can do this.
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    probably dev magic.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lordnavaralordnavara Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    starkclan wrote: »
    I notice that Smirk "freecamed" during the video that was made to reveal the Dr Spock statues.

Does anyone know the commands required?

It will make it a lot easier to make videos of STO if we can do this.

Also there was red flashing "AccessLevel 4 Cmd used" - so looks like they keep the coolest stuff for themselves...
This discussion has been closed.