test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Rewards at 480

earloftharearlofthar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Did, I miss the announcement where they Nerfed non-spotlight missions to a max payout of 480 dil ?
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Post edited by earlofthar on

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    earlofthar wrote: »
    Did, I miss the announcement where they Nerfed non-spotlight missions to a max payout of 480 dil ?

We think the data regarding average playtime, which determines rewards, got screwed up in the update.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    does the mission spend any large part of time inside a social zone?

how long does it actually take to complete the mission?
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    We think the data regarding average playtime, which determines rewards, got screwed up in the update.

Explains why my mission got nerfed....
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • lopata77lopata77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I managed to qualify for 36 hours and it was two hours shooting at the Klingons and when I saw that gives 480 dill, I gave that up and I think it would be better to give up the whole game, because I do not even know why i play this game. It seems to me that this is all because of the players who are not paid in the game, because we all know that the dilithium is everything in this game, and you must pay at leats $ 50 to have something. So they deliberately reduce the reward.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What mission was it
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • macready08macready08 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    FYI foundry missions no longer pay for average time completed it pays for how long your run takes. Now that cryptic maps no longer count towards time played you get 480 from just about every mission except the ec farm missions and the dreaded 3 hr long missions that pay a whole 1440 .Also if you make short missions to take around 15 minutes to qualify and the speed runners come through and finish it faster good luck keeping it qualified.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macready08 wrote: »
    FYI foundry missions no longer pay for average time completed it pays for how long your run takes. Now that cryptic maps no longer count towards time played you get 480 from just about every mission except the ec farm missions and the dreaded 3 hr long missions that pay a whole 1440 .Also if you make short missions to take around 15 minutes to qualify and the speed runners come through and finish it faster good luck keeping it qualified.

This doesn't make sense. If rewards are now based on individual run times, why would it still matter if the speed runners are dragging down the average times?
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Why don't Cryptic maps count toward the time played? That makes zero sense, unless I'm missing something.
    edited December 2013
    This doesn't make sense. If rewards are now based on individual run times, why would it still matter if the speed runners are dragging down the average times?

You still have to have a 15 minute average play time for your mission to stay qualified. So when your mission qualifies now it doesnt qualify for a set amount of dil it is just qualified period. It doesnt matter what time it qualifies at it just becomes qualified for dil payout. The amount of dil your mission pays is determined by each individuals run not average run time.So it can vary depending on how long the mission takes try it find a mission that pays about 960 and afk in a combat map for a half hour you will get 1440.Average play time does count towards keeping the mission qualified but not towards dil payout.
    edited December 2013
    broadnax wrote: »
    Why don't Cryptic maps count toward the time played? That makes zero sense, unless I'm missing something.

I meant to say non static maps i dont quite know exactly what that means. Cryptic stated that time spent on non static maps would not count towards time played from what i have tested that includes cryptic made maps like esd and sfa etc if you decide to start your misssion with some dialogue contacts or console clicks on these maps it doesnt seem to count towards time played. If you leave those maps into a combat map it counts. I will admit im not 100 % sure on this but from what i have seen this is true and this is why some missions are disqualifying even know they take longer then the required 15 minutes.I have not had a lot of time to test extensively since we just got editor back.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It should still be average run time...
    I meant to say non static maps i dont quite know exactly what that means. Cryptic stated that time spent on non static maps would not count towards time played from what i have tested that includes cryptic made maps like esd and sfa etc if you decide to start your misssion with some dialogue contacts or console clicks on these maps it doesnt seem to count towards time played. If you leave those maps into a combat map it counts. I will admit im not 100 % sure on this but from what i have seen this is true and this is why some missions are disqualifying even know they take longer then the required 15 minutes.I have not had a lot of time to test extensively since we just got editor back.

You are right. ESD etc do not count anymore when calculating average run time. You can blame exploiters for this as they would sit AFK in a social zone and cause the avg time to by high artificially. If they didn't abuse this Cryptic wouldn't have had to make this change.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    You are right. ESD etc do not count anymore when calculating average run time. You can blame exploiters for this as they would sit AFK in a social zone and cause the avg time to by high artificially. If they didn't abuse this Cryptic wouldn't have had to make this change.
    Rule number one of game development : player will ALWAYS find a way to exploit. Using a bug or not.

The more they nerf the Foundry, the more the "legit" authors (from cryptic POV) suffer, yet, grind missions are still there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Rule number one of game development : player will ALWAYS find a way to exploit. Using a bug or not.

This, of course, is a spinoff of Rule Number One of civilization in general: There is no such thing as a system that can't be gamed.