Epohh Tag Alternative

2»

Comments

• Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The race occurs twice every hour.

4 times every hour, and there are empty instances now.
    If some ppl cant defeat the NPC epohh.. well...

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Keep the race. The tears of everyone who can't figure out how to do it (even though it's childishly easy) or who can't wrap their minds around the fact that you haven't "won" until you've grabbed a flag, are delicious.

Give the QQ crowd an alternative, sure- but please, don't take this pinnacle of entertainment out.
    Yeah it'd be.. nice if we could convert common trinkets to tags. preferably at a rate of 1 of each to 1 tag..... it's an alternative but not an easy one.
    To ppl like me, that dont live inside the game, the winter event system is the best one by far.

1) Is the only part in STO that awards the best player (common thing in succefull MMOs)
    2) I know that if I play well, ok or bad I will get 12, 6, 3 or 2 tags. In the summer event you could spend the hold day and get only one Egg because it was random.
    3) Is a dam challenge, beside PVP and no win scenario, maybe the only challenge in this game.
    you left out the most important part. It's FUN! :D

The winter event is the one I enjoy playing the most in the game. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Meh, what i say I lost interest. They have to fix it real good before I burn my hands on it again.

Something that is to hard or cost to much time is not worth playing. Everything has its sweet spot and this is not it.

so about 1.5 minutes of your time to earn 2 tags in 3 races =6 tags assuming you get a place each time even last and don't go out of bounds (a good improvement on last year when you only got tags for 1st, 2nd & 3rd)
    and there`s lots to keep you busy in between race`s like pie eating , gingerbread colony and snowman on the lake all that pay out winter items that you can use to buy rewards or donate to your fleet for the Christmas display or sell on the exchange, some of the winter items are selling for over 100k each there.

the devs must get really cheesed off working out all these events for us to do and how best to share out the prizes when all people do is gripe and moan about these great events.
    then the players moan that they are bored with the game because the devs give us nothing to do, that is clearly unjustified if the players don't play the stuff when its all there for them to do.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so about 1.5 minutes of your time to earn 2 tags in 3 races =6 tags assuming you get a place each time even last and don't go out of bounds plus about 1 minute of your time raising the epohh to elder level to turn in for marks.
    I think that's 2.5 minutes well spent.
    and there`s lots to keep you busy in between race`s like pie eating , gingerbread colony and snowman on the lake all that pay out winter items that you can use to buy rewards or donate to your fleet for the Christmas display or sell on the exchange, some of the winter items are selling for over 100k each there.

the devs must get really cheesed off working out all these events for us to do and how best to share out the prizes when all people do is gripe and moan about these great events.
    then the players moan that they are bored with the game because the devs give us nothing to do, that is clearly unjustified if the players don't play the stuff when its all there for them to do.

That's how I feel... I'm doing it on 13 toons... but it takes hardly anytime... sometimes I get last and sometimes I get first... on average I probably get second but I can usually do everyone I need to do in a couple hours of racing while doing other stuff in between races.

To be honest it takes till the fifth day to get to the elder and unless you get the upgraded epohh you only get 100 marks... which is one ESTF or one round on Nukara during mark event, or a couple Romulan mark missions. So it's not like your really missing out on anything if you don't like it. You can just do the normal missions that reward the marks to begin with. The time invested vs. reward is pretty much the same. I just like doing the race for some of the marks (cough! Romulan).

I figure 4 minutes per race run x5=20 minutes for 100 marks and if your lucky 200 marks. It's just something different to do and everything you get can be acquired through other means already. i'm happy with the way things are and think they did a good job balancing time/reward invested.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To ppl like me, that dont live inside the game, the winter event system is the best one by far.

1) Is the only part in STO that awards the best player (common thing in succefull MMOs)
    2) I know that if I play well, ok or bad I will get 12, 6, 3 or 2 tags. In the summer event you could spend the hold day and get only one Egg because it was random.
    3) Is a dam challenge, beside PVP and no win scenario, maybe the only challenge in this game.

I especially like point 3 not because the race is hard to get good at (cause thats just plain easy) but because its as difficult as our competition is good. I also like that we can out right fail by getting disqualified. STO needs more fail-able things.

I think the answer instead would be to create a much harder race for next year in addition to this one that runs at the same time and has rewards good enough to get everyone who is good as racing on ice to do it instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't see much of an issue either.... I'm only doing it with 3 toons, and in the time the winter event has been open I have gotten enough tags now on eachof them to carry me over to the end of the event raising epohhs without doing another race..... no bunny hopping involved, drifting and the occasional roll, that's it. I've in fact beaten bunny hoppers.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Aim for the flag while pressing F like a maniac. That being said, removing commodities from snow piles has caused all this grief among players. Last year everyone got their gear and there were no complaints about the grind.

ill disagree with you there, there were loads of complaints about how boring digging in snow was for no guaranteed results and how some people had spent hours digging with little or no tags or other items at all and how it was the worst kind of grind ever.
    I think it was a great idea to move the tags to the f&f race event, now you are sure you will get a minimum of 6 tags for 3 races so you can easily start raising epohh quickly simples.
    It was also a good idea to remove the other snowpile items and to put them in the pie eating and gingerbread events both paying winter items guaranteed in a very short time.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ill disagree with you there, there were loads of complaints about how boring digging in snow was for no guaranteed results and how some people had spent hours digging with little or no tags or other items at all and how it was the worst kind of grind ever.
    Yeah I remember one person comparing it to working in a Chinese factory for the Chinese equivalent of minimum wage....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg