test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you could make STO 2, what would you do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would do what we always tend to do. Take over the world. Well, or whatever the rules would let you do. Whatever comes first. :D

Playable Romulans of course... and a conquest system.

---
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Something that puts far less emphasis on combat, heavier emphasis on exploration, character interaction, and careful planning.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you could make STO 2, what would you do?

First I'd scrap the horrible idea of introducing and developing a second part to a well running mmo, that will wipe the purchases of what would have been my best customers.

Then I'd take the rescources and the manpower that are freed up by not producing "part 2" and allocate them to the original game.
  • Options
    koltorockoltoroc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    before I would even start with anything game design related, I would do 2 things

1: Fire the muppets that are currently posing as devs (but keep most artists) and hire a proper dev team

2: hire an actual QA departement

anything else can be thought of after this happened.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    STO 2 would have the following:

1. A complete interior for each ship built, meaning in ship has its maximum number of decks.

2. More diverse wardrobe availability based upon the costumes in all Trek series.

3. More Trek story content. Voice overs would be optional. Stories that explore what it means to be human.

4. More exploration and less killing for Feds.

5. No Admirals. The highest rank should be Captain.

6. Choose 1 last tier ship as your main one for your captain. You should get command of different ships, but in the end, you should only have 1 ship to command.

7. PET BANKS & INVENTORIES!!!! That's right. Pets get their own space.

8. Academy storyline. Have it so that you can attend the academy and earn your rank by taking classes and learning more. (Hence: Starfleet Academy & Klingon Acadmey).

9. Colony creations. Have it so you can actually assist making a colony. (This is not meant to be like building a fleet starbase, embassy, etc.)

10. Visit shipyards for repairs. Visit other starbases.

11. Make homeworlds for all participating races available to visit.

12. Make Delta and Gamma Quadrants available.

13. Be able to move around on your ship while you are traveling to different locations at warp speed.

14. Be able to play as your crew. Play as your ship's doctor, engineer, etc. while your ship is assigned to a mission.

There are more things, but these are the few I think should be added to STO 2.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    keltornkeltorn Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For brevity the first three that come to mind are

1. Open universe without instances (like EVE...it can be done)

2. I personally hate things like disco ball and balloons on esd but since others like them I would restrict the areas that they can be used in and/or give everyone the ability to turn "fluff" off in settings.

3. Optional ground combat. I haven't played the mission content just because I don't enjoy the ground part.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    one word only:

PvP
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Four big things I would want to do (that can be done in the current sto)

1: PVP!

2: New text based on race (my main is a Betazoid, the text should reflect that with references to how characters feel at the very least, maybe improved diplomacy as well), while we're at it I don't like being told what to do by my boffs, I'm the commanding officer, not them!

3: More non combat focussed missions

4: A revamped AI with more skills (and a balance pass to go with, Aux2batt being a good start given it's unprecedented level of power creep)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jjprize wrote: »
    This isnt meant to criticize this game, because I love it. But just for fun, if you could make STO 2, what would you do differently, or add to what we already have?

I'll start off: having played Cryptic's newest game Neverwinter, I really enjoy its fast paced combat system. As far as space gameplay is concerned, I think STO pretty much nailed it there. But on the ground, I would like to see something closer to Neverwinter's system than what we have here.

What about you?

I would find a better company that understands the mmo market better, and has the desire to put out a game that is comparable to all the others on the market.. and also actually cares about the customers

that being said.. I would make the level cap captain, and make the game have more of a military feel like in the show.. (ie, chain of command, being given orders to go do something, not having an admiral casually hail you, and ask if you want to do it..).. I would make the dailies more random, making it so you are told to do certain patrols, or investigate something, and have it change up daily..

finally I would make it so the federation isn't in a conflict with everything that breathes or otherwise.. kinda kills the star trek mood..