Install Arc

Fastest Game on Ice

2»

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • speciesonespeciesone Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    At the start of the race you can actually start running before the Race Coordinator counts down to "GO". At about "2" you're no longer held and can start running.

In this game I always walk by holding the two mouse buttons and steering with the mouse, tap SHIFT to run, and let go of the mouse buttons to stop running. It's more intuitive than using the WASD keys to move and makes running the ice race much easier.

As others have already said:
    • Drift around corners by turning around before you actually reach there.
    • You can go slightly off track without penalty - going over a bit of snow slows you down enough to handle the corners.
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Shooter mode made all the difference, just that running to the first major corner gave me enough headstart of the NPC to walk almost the rest.
  • tareruntaliontareruntalion Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i bought the frozen boots and while in shooter mode i win while walking most of the time, shooter mode is a huge impovement in handling your character compared to the rpg mode
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i bought the frozen boots and while in shooter mode i win while walking most of the time, shooter mode is a huge impovement in handling your character compared to the rpg mode

Maybe thats the only advantaje of the shooter mode... anyways, if you are really troubled, just run and use double tap to the right direction and start running again. If you do it right, you will win for sure. U can as well use the frost boots to speed up in the straight parts...
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I sprint the whole way with very rare jumps/rolls.
    My recommendations are turn early, over do your turn, then as you regain traction aim where you need to go. Cut corners where you can. Run as soon as you're not held.

on the turn where you head towards the lake, I over do the turn and look back. 4 times out of 5, I'm far enough ahead I can't see the ai opponent.