test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Winter Event is Live! [Please see the "Winter Event Ending Soon" thread]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Q's Winter Wonderland is now open and ready for you to explore! Jump in-game now to participate in special events that could earn you unique rewards, including a FREE Breen Ship. Q's Winter Wonderland is accessible by speaking with Q on Qo'noS, New Romulus Command, or Earth Spacedock.

Our winter event runs from now until around 10AM PST on January 16, 2014, and more information about it may be found here. For a list of available rewards, including information on how to earn them, check out this Dev Blog.

Remember! Captains who participate in the "Fastest Game on Ice" event 25 times during the 35+ days of the Winter Event will skate their way to a FREE Breen Ship! The Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider is the new ship this year, and its stats have been posted here.

We'll see you all at Q's Winter Wonderland and Happy Holidays from the Star Trek Online team!
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, see you there as well hopefully.

By the way, care about reopening this topic since it wasn't at all about the maintenance wait and might just have been opened for the fun?...
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The invasion is broken. Crashed me a few times.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Erm, just like to point this out>>> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=13864041<<<

Other than that, nice one...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So when's the emergency maintenance to fix it?

Can't run the race for the pictures to get the Breen ship since the Race Coordinator would rather tell me "You left the track" than teleport me onto it to start the race. (As in, I didn't leave the [censored] track since I was never put on it in the first [censored] place!)

But thank the Prophets they took out that OMGgamebreaking ability to spam F for items. :rolleyes:

-headdesk-
    -headdesk-
    -headdesk-
    -headdesk-
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The invasion is broken. Crashed me a few times.

Just queued for the race, or at least tried to, no luck, switched instance just in case, nothing, so here I am, AGAIN on the forum. Anyone else got this BS?

BTW, yes I know how to queue for the race, enjoyed it a great deal last year.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 505 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    So when's the emergency maintenance to fix it?

Can't run the race for the pictures to get the Breen ship since the Race Coordinator would rather tell me "You left the track" than teleport me onto it to start the race. (As in, I didn't leave the [censored] track since I was never put on it in the first [censored] place!)

But thank the Prophets they took out that OMGgamebreaking ability to spam F for items. :rolleyes:

-headdesk-
    -headdesk-
    -headdesk-
    -headdesk-

I couldn't start the race either, then i made the mission my "Primary Mission" and it worked. However, the new PvE isn't working. Can't get the map from manager or whatever that error is. There is like over 600 people queued for it and only 10 playing but that number keeps changing cause once you do get to the map you get kicked. So it's like 10 playing, then 6, 11, 9 and so on.
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    We're investigating your reports. Thanks for posting them!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So emergency patch coming our way then! Better get on this quick or you may have to extend the event ( cauz thats what people will ask for ).
  • jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Ha!!! Haven't even been able to log on since this patch. Keeps getting stuck on the LOR "Loading" screen. Again. You really should test this stuff first. LOL
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    patching seems borked on the loader screen, attempted it on 2 computers, continues to sit on 0% after several tries and an hour and a half of attempts, rebooted all modems routers and comps..still trying to patch now, may see ya's at some stage today or 2morrow,, sigh
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Adding to the bug list here. It seems when I dig in a snowpile, the snowballs will automatically equip themselves to me which is fine. However it also removed my hot buttons on my action bar for some of my other items like my remodulator. Just thought I'd add that in.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fast And the Flurrious posted race times are wrong.
  • mynamesthedoctormynamesthedoctor Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As several people have reported previously numerous times, Romulans can't wear previous years' winter event scarves for the faction with which they have allied (Federation/KDF). Yet they can buy them on the Exchange and open them (sometimes at fairly high energy credit cost) and the game UI confirms the item has been unlocked on the character, but when you go to the tailor, no option to use the newly unlocked scarves. The obvious expectation is that they would work on a captain character you've unlocked them on. Please fix this. Thank you. =)
  • tweihtweih Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the snowballs dont show up in my inventories at all when you pick the up:mad:
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    Sorry guys, I stayed up late last night with Bill, Lateesha, and Chun Li, the server hamsters, drinking egg nog and eating candy canes. I think they have a bit of a sugar high this morning. . . I'm sure they'll calm down soon.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The gingerbread man game is glitched badly. Whenever I queue up for it I get map errors and when the Gingerbread man is welcoming me, I see that "you are no longer part of this... and you will leave the map" all while getting map errors and finally I simply get kicked from the servers. When I log back in, same thing, it tries to put me in the snowglobe, but I end up getting kicked.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since Federation and T3 Marauders are only allowed to go to Risa of Summer Map...

MAYBE The KDF can get the Winter Map in Rutha Penthe? TO make it fair? So Winter Stays forever, and the Holiday maps will be even;y shared?
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Winter invasion queue also doesnt work. I keep getting map error messages and the game gets stucked loading the winter invasion map. Then it exist the winter invasion map and it tries to load it again. I need to alt-f4 cuz the game keeps looping this again and again. Maybe the problem was i left the winter invasino zone at the same time the queue accepted me, i dunno, in anycase, its a big bug. Seriously, cryptic guys u dont test the things before you update it o_O??

Other thing.. the update took about 1,5 hours to complete. 1 hour updating 2gb.. really?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    So are the frosted boots a use once item now? Or is it a mistake that they are listed in the consumables section of the store?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just another person chiming in to say that a bunch of stuff is borked.

1. Gingerbread event: Load in, it starts speaking, then instantly flung back to ESD.

2. Cannot run the race. Even if this is your first time in, it claims you have left the track.

3. Goodness me; fix the VO's. They are so horrendous I can't have my speakers on. O.o

The update was also slower than molasses in winter. It took me over an hour to patch...normally it's a 15 minute process at the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Given the difficulties with the race, an alternate means of getting the eppoh tags would be very useful.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2013
    Aaaaaaand so my patching for STO begins!!!!

Readable Font: *Highlight*
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2013

Readable Font: *Highlight*

Aaaaaaand so my patching for STO Finishes!!!!

Readable Font:*highlight*
    Aaaaaaand so my patching for STO Finishes!!!!
  • desante3desante3 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did they change it so that digging for snowballs no longer has a chance to reward an ornament or epohh tag?
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    desante3 wrote: »
    Did they change it so that digging for snowballs no longer has a chance to reward an ornament or epohh tag?

Think so. I dug for about 30 minutes and got nothing, not even a single ornament. Not going to bother with this, then. The PvP race is bugged like last year - ANYONE can get your goodie if you are unable to claim it quickly enough. How is that remotely fun or fair? And unless you have hours of time to camp snowmen...meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    Just another person chiming in to say that a bunch of stuff is borked.

1. Gingerbread event: Load in, it starts speaking, then instantly flung back to ESD.

I get the same thing only before I get flung back to ESD I have Winter Invasion trying to reload multiple times. As if It's automatically changing instances on me.

I also get map load error pop-ups at the same time when the Gingerbread-dude starts talking.
  • desante3desante3 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    Think so. I dug for about 30 minutes and got nothing, not even a single ornament. Not going to bother with this, then. The PvP race is bugged like last year - ANYONE can get your goodie if you are unable to claim it quickly enough. How is that remotely fun or fair? And unless you have hours of time to camp snowmen...meh.

If that's true, that blows - there's no way we're going to collect all those needed for the special project - people will want to acquire their own items first

Any idea, for those who CAN run it, how many are rewarded by the new village "STF"?
  • plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Winter invasion queue also doesnt work. I keep getting map error messages and the game gets stucked loading the winter invasion map. Then it exist the winter invasion map and it tries to load it again. I need to alt-f4 cuz the game keeps looping this again and again. Maybe the problem was i left the winter invasino zone at the same time the queue accepted me, i dunno, in anycase, its a big bug. Seriously, cryptic guys u dont test the things before you update it o_O??

Having the same issues getting stuck in an infininte loop.

Loading winter invasion... can't get maps (click okay)
    Loading ESD... can't get maps (click okay)

...you get the picture.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Q's Winter Wonderland is now open and ready for you to explore! Jump in-game now to participate in special events that could earn you unique rewards, including a FREE Breen Ship. Q's Winter Wonderland is accessible by speaking with Q on Qo'noS, New Romulus Command, or Earth Spacedock.

Our winter event runs from now until around 10AM PST on January 16, 2014, and more information about it may be found here. For a list of available rewards, including information on how to earn them, check out this Dev Blog.

Remember! Captains who participate in the "Fastest Game on Ice" event 25 times during the 35+ days of the Winter Event will skate their way to a FREE Breen Ship! The Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider is the new ship this year, and its stats have been posted here.

We'll see you all at Q's Winter Wonderland and Happy Holidays from the Star Trek Online team!

Tell them to have the lady that did the voiceover for the winter epohh researcher in the winter wonderland to re-record the lines. She pronounces 'Epohh' incorrectly and it's getting on my nerves. (don't ask why because I don't know, it just drives me crazy)

She is pronouncing it as 'eh-poe'. It is suppose to be pronounced as 'eee-poe', according to you yourself last year.

A thread from December 2012 discussing how to pronounce it and here was your reply:
    Well, the elders are making players 400 Romulan Marks a pop when turned in to Toreth on New Romulus. That's enough to get anyone talking :D

But, the official pronunciation is "eee-poe".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And also "On Screen episode 1" with you and Whit in a video talking about the then new winter epohhs last year http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=789771
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I too am having issues with the Gingerbread event. Loads up the map (sometimes) and then kicks me back to loading screen, kicks me out etc etc. Had to force quit the game on my Mac because I couldn't get out of the loop. Managed to get a scarf for my Romualn but think that might be all I do other than grind for Breen ships.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
This discussion has been closed.