test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What if humans and Klingons could be friends?

sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
    I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
    I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line
    I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
    As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President
    so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
    but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA
    they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pretty sure they can. After all, K'Ehleyr and B'Elanna were human/Klingon hybrids. *wink wink nudge nudge*
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Possible but the big differences in societies will always mean we will not holding hands and singing Oh Come Ye Kahlesz together.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, IRL, some humans act like Klingons already sooo....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are so many joint ventures already between KDF and the Federation, this war seems to be just an formality anymore.

In my opinion Cryptic should end that war. There are so many enemies all three factions HAVE to fight together to survive IMO. This war bring us nothing, even the Klingons should notice that. But i think they would rather like to see Qo'noS and every other Klingon planet destroyed before they would agree to peace.

Well, IRL, some humans act like Klingons already sooo....
    ...which is a shame...
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In the 26th Century, they do. Daniels mentions that the Klingons have joined the Federation by the time of the Enterprise-J.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Would any of the portrayed factions in STO act reasonable, the war would have been long over. But in order to artificially keep the status quo all of them act like morons, hell bent on total annihilation ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not possible because Klingons smell funny :eek:
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well they were friends but the federation got infiltrated by undine and wouldn't let the klingons help them. Thats all the kdf is trying to do- save the feds from undine invaders. Its a mission of peace really.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    szim wrote: »

Klingons smell like Lilac, didn't you know?

Edit: Besides I know plenty of humans who smell pretty damn funky!
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2013

That's the smell of pure awesome.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    In the 26th Century, they do. Daniels mentions that the Klingons have joined the Federation by the time of the Enterprise-J.

Yep, in an alternative timeline where the Sphere builders were not kicked in the...spheres by Archer and his crew.;)
    Remember in this game's future they're still seperate entities otherwise there wouldn't be a seperate Klingon temporal investigation service.

I've got a question regarding the title: why only humans?
    Are they the only ones in the Federation whose opinion counts?
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They say the same thing about Humans.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    I've got a question regarding the title: why only humans?
    Are they the only ones in the Federation whose opinion counts?
    Apparently. Starfleet is a much more racist club deep down.

Consider: Practically every single Starfleet ship is a Human design. This stretches back to the earliest days of Starfleet, despite the fact that other Federation member races had much more advanced technological bases than the Humans. Why, then, do all Starfleet ships seem to have been made entirely by humans, incorporating no Vulcan, Andorian, or Tellarite design influences? Only recently in STO have we seen any of the member-race designs, which, of course, seem only marginally integrated into Starfleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this whole war started because of 8472 infiltrators who were bait in a larger plan by the iconians. before this there was always a respect between the feds and klingons, they even became blood brothers and sisters with romulans to push the dominion out of the quadrant. it's like a fry up without the bacon and toast. klingons and feds have always been at each others dinner tables for the past 200 years. since the 8472 sabotage arc has never been pushed into something, then the charade of a war may as well stop and combine the resources of all three powers into a cohesive fighting force. this would give the iconians a real pause. since all three pushed the dominion out and the iconians fear the dominion, its clearly not in the iconian interest to see the klingons and feds ally together. end the war, bring the final act :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited December 2013
    I thought Dax once said that Klingons smell like a musky bacon?

R.I.P
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Never!!!

On my feds I must slaughter bumpy headed warmongers

On my KDFs I must slaughters sympathetic treehugging goody two shoed hoomans

>_>

Moar war, not less.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They ARE friends. That whole "war" is in name only. In reality they cooperate (or ignore eachother while working for the same goal, which is almost the same) 99% of the endgame. Only actual effect of "war" after the story missions are over is a) you can't team up cross-faction except for some queue missions and b) Ker'rat.

Maybe there's actually some kind of unofficial peace agreement going on between the Fed/Klingon leadership, but they're keeping it secret to deceive their many enemies? :cool:
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Humans and their cultural imperialism... Why do you think Klingons would want to be friends? Maybe they'd rather conquer. Listen to Chancellor J'mpok: "Only in a battle is a Klingon truly a Klingon"
    edited December 2013
    The war was ending when you start the DS9 storyline. They were meeting to discuss what to do with the Borg and were in the process of declaring a truce when the 2900s attacked.
    edited December 2013
    Apparently. Starfleet is a much more racist club deep down.

Consider: Practically every single Starfleet ship is a Human design. This stretches back to the earliest days of Starfleet, despite the fact that other Federation member races had much more advanced technological bases than the Humans. Why, then, do all Starfleet ships seem to have been made entirely by humans, incorporating no Vulcan, Andorian, or Tellarite design influences? Only recently in STO have we seen any of the member-race designs, which, of course, seem only marginally integrated into Starfleet.

there are a few ships that are entirely vulcan crewed. it depends on the captain of the ship as to whom he or she wants on their ship and the skills they possess but considering andorians loose massive amounts of body weight in water on ships that are comfortable to humans and vulcans, doesnt make much sense to serve on one for long amounts of time. and designs are incorporated for a number of sources, when the vulcan high command was shut down after the ki'shara one thing that changed was the lifting of technology, vulcan had a lot of technology starfleet still didn't have or were close to having, stuff like stronger hull plating, warp technology, tractor beams.

it was also stated during the ent-d days by picard when dressing down worf for killing duras that there were members from 13 different planets serving on the ent-d at the time. you also forget that at least 3 female trills were noted for being in the action, jadzia, ezri and an unnamed trill on the bridge of the ent-e during a son'a attack. don't forget worf or data or troi, kira, spock, odo, t'pol, neelix, kes, 7of9, emh doctor and tuvok.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    They ARE friends. That whole "war" is in name only. In reality they cooperate (or ignore eachother while working for the same goal, which is almost the same) 99% of the endgame. Only actual effect of "war" after the story missions are over is a) you can't team up cross-faction except for some queue missions and b) Ker'rat.

Maybe there's actually some kind of unofficial peace agreement going on between the Fed/Klingon leadership, but they're keeping it secret to deceive their many enemies? :cool:

It's a cold war now, at best.

No huge fleet vs fleet stuff, just raids and harrasment and Kerrat.

When external threats and new challenges arise (Borg, Tholians, Romulans, Dyson spheres) they instantly find ways to, at least coexist, if not cooperate.

Essentially, the whole war such as it is, happens in the neutral zone, bar a few story missions.
    edited December 2013
    Yes, the exterior is Earth designed as they lead the way in shipbuilding and exploring. However science ships have been Vulcan in design, as well as other non-warship/explorer designs.

However, how do we not know if the interior has been adjusted to meet the needs of the crew? A vulcan crewed fed ship could be hotter and have higher gravity, and an andorian could be colder
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    War is costly, love is cheap.

---
    edited December 2013
    warpangel wrote: »

Actually you hit fairly close to the bulls eye. If yhe story had been properly played out ingame the wsr would make sense.

R.I.P
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    no, because humans want to save tribbles. and klingons want to kill them.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    there are a few ships that are entirely vulcan crewed.
    And yet despite that, they are Human designs. They incorporate no Vulcan influences in their design.
    when the vulcan high command was shut down after the ki'shara one thing that changed was the lifting of technology, vulcan had a lot of technology starfleet still didn't have or were close to having, stuff like stronger hull plating, warp technology, tractor beams.
    Ayup. And you'd think this would happen a lot. A ship that incorporate significant Vulcan influence would thus bear a distinct resemblance to a Vulcan ship: Ships look the way they do because much of their form in some way follows their function. Thus, a ship incorporating significant Vulcan technology would bear a resemblance to a Vulcan ship.

You see none of that. A Vulcan ship and its warp systems looks like the D'kyr. But Starfleet ships look like a variation of the frisbee and tampon dispenser config. They aren't Vulcan-influenced in any visible way at all. Since Vulcans had superior technology in these fields, wouldn't ships built thus rely heavily on Vulcan expertise, and thus resemble Vulcan ships?

Compare that to the Vorcha. The Vorcha was a Klingon ship created at the time of a Federation-Klingon alliance. You can clearly see the Federation influences in the design, and the incorporatation of Federation technology in it, most apparently in the warp nacelles: They look different from traditional Klingon engines, more closely resembling engines seen in the Galaxy-class. It's clearly a Klingon ship, but incorporates a great deal of new Federation tech influences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't see why not, I hate all of them equally.
    edited December 2013
    And yet despite that, they are Human designs. They incorporate no Vulcan influences in their design.

Ayup. And you'd think this would happen a lot. A ship that incorporate significant Vulcan influence would thus bear a distinct resemblance to a Vulcan ship: Ships look the way they do because much of their form in some way follows their function. Thus, a ship incorporating significant Vulcan technology would bear a resemblance to a Vulcan ship.

You see none of that. A Vulcan ship and its warp systems looks like the D'kyr. But Starfleet ships look like a variation of the frisbee and tampon dispenser config. They aren't Vulcan-influenced in any visible way at all. Since Vulcans had superior technology in these fields, wouldn't ships built thus rely heavily on Vulcan expertise, and thus resemble Vulcan ships?

Compare that to the Vorcha. The Vorcha was a Klingon ship created at the time of a Federation-Klingon alliance. You can clearly see the Federation influences in the design, and the incorporatation of Federation technology in it, most apparently in the warp nacelles: They look different from traditional Klingon engines, more closely resembling engines seen in the Galaxy-class. It's clearly a Klingon ship, but incorporates a great deal of new Federation tech influences.

so if you saw a vauxhall corsa parked nearby from just a glance you think? meh its just another TRIBBLE economy car? until you get into your own car and show your car off and discover the corsa driver has added a whole range of modifications that you dont see when he drives upto your car. what you see from the outside means nothing, what is underneath is the interesting part.