test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reactive Antiproton Cascade Emitter

hondo1946hondo1946 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
It is very disappointing that STO decided to allow this universal console to only be equipped on Obelisk Carriers and Advanced Obelisk Carrier. Anybody who has a ship set up for antiproton weapons should be allowed to equip this console on their ship. I look for new ways to enjoy my time on STO but they make it more disappointing instead.
Post edited by hondo1946 on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Appreciate the feedback; I'll pass it along.

However, it's universal in the sense that it can be slotted in any console slot (tac, eng, sci). Just like the vast majority of our other T5 ships with special consoles (Avenger, Bortasqu', Scimitar, etc.), they are locked to that ship and/or their fleet variant (if available).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Appreciate the feedback; I'll pass it along.

However, it's universal in the sense that it can be slotted in any console slot (tac, eng, sci). Just like the vast majority of our other T5 ships with special consoles (Avenger, Bortasqu', Scimitar, etc.), they are locked to that ship and/or their fleet variant (if available).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Pass this along too Brandon, since I agree with OP.

This console effectively costs 800 lobi, which is about 100-125 dollars on average doing lockboxes. Thats four times the cost of the c-store ships. (and its a single character unlock to boot)

It seems off that a set bonus item that should apply to any ship is gated behind a massive lobi cost, and cant even be used on anything but what it comes with anyway.

While youre at it, could you ask about adding a singularity core for the AP set?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like more the way the jemhadar set works. You can use it on any ship, but it gets additional bonuses on certain ships
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just chipping in a different opinion :p

I kinda prefer that the full 3 piece set is locked to the obelisk varients, it a unique vessel that gets its unique bonus to its carrier pets (the ept-x share on pets) and its own unique ability.

I just kinda wish that this was true of other lock box/lobi ships like give the tholian ships a unique set bonus, and give the new breen ship/cruiser a set bonus) :P

There is something to be said about uniqness in my eyes, whcih kinda saddens me when the distinctivness of the factions gets blurred, back when it was two factions there was two differnt feels to the ship classes, now its a bit muddled into one big ol mess

(just an opinion do with it as you will :D)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    It seems off that a set bonus item that should apply to any ship is gated behind a massive lobi cost, and cant even be used on anything but what it comes with anyway.

This console is specifically designed to work with the Obelisk -- it's "built into the spine of it," artistically. You can see it charge up via the bright, white spine running along the top of the ship.

Would you say this console is different from the consoles that come on the Palisade, Monbosh, TSABC, Etc. and only work on those ships (or, for some, their "sister ship" from their respective Lock Box)?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2013
    This console is specifically designed to work with the Obelisk -- it's "built into the spine of it," artistically. You can see it charge up via the bright, white spine running along the top of the ship.

Would you say this console is different from the consoles that come on the Palisade, Monbosh, TSABC, Etc. and only work on those ships (or, for some, their sister ship from their respective Lock Box)?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

My main issue is that it would have been the only way for a romulan to have obtained the 2-piece set bonus. As it stands they cannot due to the lack of a singularity for the set.

Even romulans might like some AP love, you see?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    edited December 2013
    My main issue is that it would have been the only way for a romulan to have obtained the 2-piece set bonus. As it stands they cannot due to the lack of a singularity for the set.

Isnt that what the tactical console slots are for? ;p
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
    edited December 2013
    Isnt that what the tactical console slots are for? ;p

Well lets break it down.

Any rommie can use the Jem set if they wanna use polaron
    The same is true for the plasma set in rom rep
    The same is true for the nukara rep set for tetryon
    the same is FALSE for the AP set. (can only equip 1 of the 3 items)

It makes me wonder if there is something against roms using Ap weapons >_>
    Gold.jpg
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013

...Because Romulans need help to make AP effective, since a ship full of +Crit Boffs isn't enough for crit-based weapons?
    edited December 2013
    Well lets break it down.

Any rommie can use the Jem set if they wanna use polaron
    The same is true for the plasma set in rom rep
    The same is true for the nukara rep set for tetryon
    the same is FALSE for the AP set. (can only equip 1 of the 3 items)

It makes me wonder if there is something against roms using Ap weapons >_>

i guess if your being picky, but still its like 1 third of a purple mkxii regulator?

though having thinking about there being 'something against roms', there might be :P Rommie/reman boffs even captains do get that extra critical bonus-y things( sorry haven't looked into it recently hence vauge) thing that people like to complain about.

Edit: see someone even ninja'd the crit boffs before i could xD
    edited December 2013
    ...Because Romulans need help to make AP effective, since a ship full of +Crit Boffs isn't enough for crit-based weapons?

Hey man, its all about the red skittles of doom k? I love me the AP weapons :(

Besides, with the spire consoles about to hit the playerbase (tier 2 unlocks should be starting this week in the leading fleets), the romulan crit issue is going to level off some.

Reason being that its pointless to stack more critH on a rom than they already have, since they would need more CritD that they cant get.

The converse is true for most other builds, critD is fine but critH tends to fall short.

In summary, roms are already at the crit peak, but everyone else is going to catch up while they only see a modest boost by comparison.
    Gold.jpg
    edited December 2013
    i guess if your being picky, but still its like 1 third of a purple mkxii regulator?

though having thinking about there being 'something against roms', there might be :P Rommie/reman boffs even captains do get that extra critical bonus-y things( sorry haven't looked into it recently hence vauge) thing that people like to complain about.

Edit: see someone even ninja'd the crit boffs before i could xD

Actually no. The bonuses the consoles give you is a lot smaller in the final math than the set bonuses give. If a set bonus says 10 percent for example, it really is 10 percent at the end. In the case of say the difference between a 28.1 console and a 30, its really more like .5 per console.

I dont wanna get into the math too much, there are a dozen or so threads about it, but thats how its breaks down.
    Gold.jpg
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Brandon, I feel as though you see no issue here. You may see it as "it's not a new form of console acquisition...other lobi ships have consoles that operate the same way...where's the problem?"

I get that, you don't have to publicly state that, you can even deny it but the console is like this...

2/3pieces can be gained super easily through a featured episode...while the third piece is gated behind a 800 lobi price tag and the 3/3 piece bonus isn't unique but a huge boost to any carrier.

There are 2p sets for sister lobi ships and only the specific family can use those consoles...this is fine and accepted.

There are also 3p lobi sets that any ship can equip. This is also accepted.

To have a set that is a mix between the two above was shortsighted and is where the bad taste comes from.

Best not to give out free ships with easily accessed set peices...just have it all put into the lobi store. (i don't like this idea, but the public already "bit the hand" so to speak)

Tl:dr
    Free ship was great, lobi ship should have came with all 3 pieces on it instead of gaining 2 through the episode.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If the console stays exclusive to obelisk ships at least buff the Reactive Antiproton Cascade Emitter so that 'lightning mode' lasts 20 seconds not 10. The long cool down balances it. In its current state it should be usable on other ships. I understand you cryptic "wants" game balance, but compared to Feed back pulse-- This console is not that good. Just being honest here. In PVP people would just stop shooting anyway.

I support this console being usable on other ships, but maybe lower the 'lightning mode' to 100% damage back to the attacker when equipped non Obelisk ships. Many options here Cryptic. (yes I like red lightning :) )
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can understand wanting the console on other ships, and I have no issues with that. I'd never use the console for the effect personally, but that is just me.

My worry is the three piece bonus being usable on any carrier. I mean, as it stands on the Obelisk, it's not a big deal, it has no unique 'frigate' level pets, but think about adding EPTW or EPTE to stuff like...Mesh Weavers, or BoP pets, or other pets like that.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Would you say this console is different from the consoles that come on the Palisade, Monbosh, TSABC, Etc. and only work on those ships (or, for some, their "sister ship" from their respective Lock Box)?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I get where you are coming from with the referenced consoles but I view the situation with the Advanced Obelisk Carrier and its universal console has unique because unlike the other consoles that you referenced it is a part of a 3 piece set in which 2 out of the 3 pieces can be used freely on any vessel in the game.

I chimed in on this back when the Obelisk launched that I was amazed that Cryptic did not allow the full 3 piece set to be used with other Carriers has the hanger support mechanic that the Obelisk has was something players that use Carriers had been asking for the past few years.

I still call the move a missed opportunity for Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    errab wrote: »
    I get where you are coming from with the referenced consoles but I view the situation with the Advanced Obelisk Carrier and its universal console has unique because unlike the other consoles that you referenced it is a part of a 3 piece set in which 2 out of the 3 pieces can be used freely on any vessel in the game.

I chimed in on this back when the Obelisk launched that I was amazed that Cryptic did not allow the full 3 piece set to be used with other Carriers has the hanger support mechanic that the Obelisk has was something players that use Carriers had been asking for the past few years.

I still call the move a missed opportunity for Cryptic.

Only one out of three actually, the second is only useable by things that dont use singularities

So in the current state of the game, pretty much no one?
    Gold.jpg
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Only one out of three actually, the second is only useable by things that dont use singularities

So in the current state of the game, pretty much no one?

True,

I did overlook the Warbirds and Scimitar :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Allow the entire set on any ship and change the way the console/set bonus work.

Change the console to the carrier pets benefit from emergency powers.

Change the 3 piece bonus to the cascade.

Obby gets the cascade as it is. Other ships get only the global taunt and resists.

Add a singularity version of the warp core.

Done. And everyone is happy.