test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

15% Bonus ZEN With Ultimate Game Cards! [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
For only a short while longer, get 15% bonus ZEN for STO with Ultimate Game Card prepaid cards. This offer warps away on December 31, 2013 so act fast! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING $25 ULTIMATE GAME CARD PREPAID CARDS:

Please note that if you happen to have an eligible $25 card, there is no redeem option for $25. Please redeem the card for $20, and then a complete a separate transaction for $5 dollars. While you won't automatically gain the 15% bonus on the second transaction, we will be manually crediting you the bonus -- please file a Billing ticket (instructions at the bottom of my post here) once you redeem the $5 so we can apply this credit. Feel free to send me a forum PM with your ticket number and I will make sure that it is in the right queue -- please allow up to 48 hours for this.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And again a disregard for the EU players...

How many times must we say this Mr. Flakes??

These cards are not available / ultra rare to find here in the EU...

I know for a fact the GameStop does not carry them in Norway, and after having done a quick check, neither does any online game stores...

Wish you guys would learn this, and have something that benefits all, not just the US or the countries lucky enough to have the Ultimate Game card...

/e sad_panda_mode:ON
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is great, considering my wife just bought me an Ultimate Game Card today for my birthday! Thank you Cryptic...happy birthday to me!
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    otowi wrote: »

I know for a fact the GameStop does not carry them in Norway, and after having done a quick check, neither does any online game stores...

Wish you guys would learn this, and have something that benefits all, not just the US or the countries lucky enough to have the Ultimate Game card...

You need to speak to your vendors, in your case Gamestop. PWE and Cryptic cannot choose what gets sold in those stores. It's up to the vendor to contact these companies if they want to sell them.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As a EU player DO NOT USE THE ULTIMATE GAME CARDS!

You will be charged VAT twice! The first time when you buy the card (US import!),and the second time when you buy Zen.

And 'contact billing'? Really Bran?I tried to use one of these damn cards to buy Zen,only to find out that after the transaction I had no Zen and the money from the card was gone.....I contacted billing...THEY DID NOTHING BUT CLOSE THE TICKET!And you wonder why people hate PWE....
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fastest response to a ticket...evah! Nice and good show! Thanks very much indeed!

UGC, however, leave much to be desired. So many hoops. And now some extra hoops cuz Visa PWND them. FAIL. Feel bad for you guys representing EU player base. Sucks that the UGC cards are so hard to get + extra fees + hoops. Perhaps PWE can partner with an EU based company??? Cheers!
  • dollacdollac Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another sale! Why does this company not just lower prices versus the endless limited time sale after limited time sale after limited time sale. They are always having a sale, it is to the point that it is a rule that I never pay 'retail' on ANYTHING for STO because I know it's turn to be on sale is never really that far off.

Nagus of The Ferengi Confederation.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Don't get too upset. I think they try to spread the promos around. Remember a short time ago when they had the Perfect World cards promo? Well, the only place near me that had them was Walgreens. I went in to buy one and they had all been recalled - they were still on the shelf, but you couldn't activate them. In that instance, I got left out and couldn't get a card.

Thankfully the Walmart near me has Ultimate Game Card so I managed to get a couple of those to get the bonus zen this time around.

Also, if you are having trouble finding any near you, it looks like you can also order them online. It may not be the best way to get the card, but you will still get them.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/buyonline.html
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Don't get too upset. I think they try to spread the promos around. Remember a short time ago when they had the Perfect World cards promo? Well, the only place near me that had them was Walgreens. I went in to buy one and they had all been recalled - they were still on the shelf, but you couldn't activate them. In that instance, I got left out and couldn't get a card.

Thankfully the Walmart near me has Ultimate Game Card so I managed to get a couple of those to get the bonus zen this time around.

Also, if you are having trouble finding any near you, it looks like you can also order them online. It may not be the best way to get the card, but you will still get them.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/buyonline.html

Well olivia,promos like these are supposed to benefit the customer by saving them money.The only people actually saving money with this promo are people from the US,they get what they paid for.People from the EU already pay more through the dollar/euro conversions and the VAT (the rate of this is anywhere between 15% and 27% depending on where you live).

The Ultimate Game Card isn't sold in the EU through retailers and if people want the cards they end up with US import,which is slapped with VAT the moment you buy them.In my case buying the UGC (with the 21% VAT) and using them to buy Zen (again with 21% VAT) will cost $36.61 in the end....that is some very expensive bonus Zen.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • pvtbelgarionpvtbelgarion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's nice, but what about perfect world game cards? When are we going to see a discount on those? I buy one or two on payday every two weeks so a discount on those some time might be nice for a change. They are the only ones I've seen where I live.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for that information, Bran - most of the places around where I am just carry the 25's, so I was wondering about that myself...

Out of curiousity, has anyone at Cryptic or PWE considered adding a redeem option for the $25 UGC cards? It would make it easier on both sides of the line since we the players could just redeem the cards without the hassle of having to do it twice and the Dev Team doesn't have to spent the time I'm sure they'd rather use on other things in manually redeeming 15% of five dollars...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • godofdeath26godofdeath26 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013

that is great you can do the five dollar transaction the site says the card has been used what then?
  • pvtbelgarionpvtbelgarion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After my previous post I found some Ultimate game cards at the 7-11 in the airport where I work so happily I bought 2 15$ cards witch is all they had so I could get in the promo and I would like to thank Cryptic for helping me waste my money because they don't have a 15$ option for payment. Thanks!!!!:mad:
  • bigjamesg2bigjamesg2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    when doing this the system sends you to UGC's site and wants you to enter a code off of the card when you use the same code it errors out stating that the card was already used and will not let you continue. Please clarify how to get this to work so we can get the remaining zen from the card.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    bigjamesg2 wrote: »
    when doing this the system sends you to UGC's site and wants you to enter a code off of the card when you use the same code it errors out stating that the card was already used and will not let you continue. Please clarify how to get this to work so we can get the remaining zen from the card.

Yes, Ultimate Points (the remaining balance on your UGC prepaid card) can be redeemed through the following steps: 1) Proceed to the charge zen page, 2) select "Ultimate Game Card" and the appropriate price point, 3) select "checkout", 4) once the Ultimate Pay overlay screen appears, select the login option on the top right, 5) if you have an existing account, enter it or use the account recovery to reset OR if you do not have one, create one, 6) Proceed with redemption from there.

After you've redeemed, make sure to check out the "IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING $25 ULTIMATE GAME CARD PREPAID CARDS:" note in the OP and send me your ticket # -- I will make sure it's in the right queue for you :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello Captains! The promotion to get 15% bonus ZEN for STO with Ultimate Game Card prepaid cards is ending soon. This offer warps away on December 31, 2013 so act fast!
  • bombassdmbbombassdmb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, Ultimate Points (the remaining balance on your UGC prepaid card) can be redeemed through the following steps: 1) Proceed to the charge zen page, 2) select "Ultimate Game Card" and the appropriate price point, 3) select "checkout", 4) once the Ultimate Pay overlay screen appears, select the login option on the top right, 5) if you have an existing account, enter it or use the account recovery to reset OR if you do not have one, create one, 6) Proceed with redemption from there.

After you've redeemed, make sure to check out the "IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING $25 ULTIMATE GAME CARD PREPAID CARDS:" note in the OP and send me your ticket # -- I will make sure it's in the right queue for you :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I just want to say that I Bought 3 $15 cards and redeemed them on the PWE site yesterday and filed a ticket to get my bonus Zen as this post suggests. I was expecting a response sometime next week, and I was credited my Zen in just over an hour. I was properly impressed with the Speeeeed. This was my first experience with the "dreaded" ticketing system that you hear so much about on these forums, so thanks for making it a good one. :D
    SRS Fleet Recruiter
    Please feel free to contact me in game (@BombAssDMB) for information on the
    SPECIAL RECONNAISSANCE SQUADRON or visit our website: http://www.srs-fleet.net/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Why not use one of the half-dozen online retailers? They invariably have more options than the storefront retailers. Retail stores almost exclusively have $20 cards only, some game stores might have the $10 cards. In contrast the online retailers have several denominations from $5 to $50. A huge advantage. I hope this helps.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    edited December 2013
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Why not use one of the half-dozen online retailers? They invariably have more options than the storefront retailers. Retail stores almost exclusive have $20 cards only, some game stores might have the $10 cards. In contrast the online retailers have several denominations from $5 to $50. A huge advantage. I hope this helps.

No, no Norwegian online retailers have them, wich means as another pointed out, ending up on US sites, wich is not an option.

Due to stupid import taxes in this country, anything over 200 NOK you have to pay import tax on, a few things like books are exempt, but otherwise, you get slapped with with an import tax.

So, you end up at a lose lose situation no matter how you look at it. I would only do such a thing if it were like 40-50% bonus Zen, but that is not likely to happen...

Much better then to run with buy from PWE's/your preffered site, and get 15% when you pay with places like PayPal... Everyone can get bonus Zen that way, instead of a lucky few countries...
  • zuehlzuehl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING $25 ULTIMATE GAME CARD PREPAID CARDS:

Please note that if you happen to have an eligible $25 card, there is no redeem option for $25. Please redeem the card for $20, and then a complete a separate transaction for $5 dollars. While you won't automatically gain the 15% bonus on the second transaction, we will be manually crediting you the bonus -- please file a Billing ticket (instructions at the bottom of my post here) once you redeem the $5 so we can apply this credit. Feel free to send me a forum PM with your ticket number and I will make sure that it is in the right queue -- please allow up to 48 hours for this.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this! While this wasn't available when I had my $25 card from a Wal-Mart here, fortunately I was able to return it as I had not scratched off the code.

I don't understand why this thread is discussing anything other than getting you Zen added manually. Sounds like a bunch of whiners really!
    edited December 2013
    that is great you can do the five dollar transaction the site says the card has been used what then?

Wait, what?? Is my universal translator on the fritz again? :confused:

Think you might have quoted the wrong post here my friend. :D
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Guess I'm going go miss out on this. I tried to redeem a $25 card I got as a gift, came up as "This card has already been redeemed". :( Still waiting on Customer Service (ticket 131227-000776).

EDIT: Got a response from Customer Service. Card was apparently not activated when it was bought.
This discussion has been closed.