test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Does Everybody Try To Kill Me In Ground Pvp

sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvP Gameplay
When ever there is a premade going on in ground of course that fleet always try to kill me why does everyone target me in ground pvp . :confused:
Post edited by sammy98745362 on

Comments

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Three possibilities

1. Youre the biggest threat
    2. Youre the easiest kill
    3. They just dont like you
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or it could be totally your imagination. :P
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Three possibilities

4. Your doing something to get the attention. (like hiding high up on a roof, using something everyone else hates/considers cheesy etc..)

:)
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    5. You put yourself in a position be be targeted by multiple enemies.
    320x240.jpg
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When ever there is a premade going on in ground of course that fleet always try to kill me why does everyone target me in ground pvp . :confused:

Well, it is a PvP map after all. Trying to kill each other is what PvP is all about, or so I've been led to believe. As far as everyone targeting you goes, I can't speak at all for anyone else.

However, I personally like to ensure that everyone on the other team gets an about equal number of trips back to the respawn point. When I see someone with 0 deaths on the scoreboard, I spend a lot of times focusing on getting that person a death. It just doesn't seem right for anyone to go a match without dying.

There are times where you will use your team to make an escape in order to avoid death...sometimes to the detriment of your team. Which is why you've seen me focus on you and only you in the past. I consider it my sworn duty to get everyone in the match killed at least once...minus the people on my own team of course...though I have made exceptions. I know you don't like dying, but I really hate seeing a losing team scoreboard where 4 people died 7-8 times and one person didn't die at all...it just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Three possibilities

I know I fall into 1 and 3 without question and 2 somewhat since I mostly roll my tact.

But I enjoy the extra aggro. Usually means the rest of my teams job is a lot easier assuming I have one!

And yes sammy you tend to be one of my favorite targets to be aggressive on regardless of which class you are playing. I kind of have a top ten list of players in that category!

The solution to this may be change your setup and keep improving your skills to the point when a player comes at you like that you put them on their a$$ for it. That alone will take some aggro off you. And of course there is no substitute for having a premade to back you up. Funny how I get into these matches with 4 pugs against a premade and that premade goes hard on me. Then when I have a premade to back me up those same people end up on their backs. That's kinda why I came back to ground pvp and what I missed most! ;)
    edited December 2013
    Well, it is a PvP map after all. Trying to kill each other is what PvP is all about, or so I've been led to believe. As far as everyone targeting you goes, I can't speak at all for anyone else.

However, I personally like to ensure that everyone on the other team gets an about equal number of trips back to the respawn point. When I see someone with 0 deaths on the scoreboard, I spend a lot of times focusing on getting that person a death. It just doesn't seem right for anyone to go a match without dying.

There are times where you will use your team to make an escape in order to avoid death...sometimes to the detriment of your team. Which is why you've seen me focus on you and only you in the past. I consider it my sworn duty to get everyone in the match killed at least once...minus the people on my own team of course...though I have made exceptions. I know you don't like dying, but I really hate seeing a losing team scoreboard where 4 people died 7-8 times and one person didn't die at all...it just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

It could be that the player not dieing was still being team productive but simple made all the right moves the whole match. It's been known to happen often!
    edited December 2013
    And yes sammy you tend to be one of my favorite targets to be aggressive on regardless of which class you are playing. I kind of have a top ten list of players in that category!
    Oh interesting, did I make the top 10 list?
    It could be that the player not dieing was still being team productive but simple made all the right moves the whole match. It's been known to happen often!

There have been times where I've seen you go deathless, minus the logout days (they don't count), but as of late I've only see you logout a few times. When you do go a match without dying, you didn't do it by using your teamates as human shields.

I've noticed that as of late, many medics are going deathless at the end of the match because most players ignore them. So many people have forgotten how to spike kill a medic without using mine barrier. In any case, when I'm fighting you I do everything I can to give you at least one death...I do have to collect on Get Biggles Killed (Daily) you know. :D
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Three possibilities

I was going to answer when I moused over then I saw this. Yes. This is why.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Your playing PvP, its a fact of life/death ! The objective of PvP is kill other players !
    Or am I missing something ?
    edited December 2013
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    Your playing PvP, its a fact of life/death ! The objective of PvP is kill other players !
    Or am I missing something ?

I have to agree with one addition. While the objective is to kill the other side you don't win by taking needless deaths, prt of it is staying alive.
    320x240.jpg
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ground pvp players do not rely on personal skill to win. They simply focus fire.
    edited December 2013
    Ground pvp players do not rely on personal skill to win. They simply focus fire.

Raises eyebrow. I am going to have to disagree with you big time there. Yeah there are some players who totally hang back and never make offensive moves without another. It's always a good thing to mix up when you decided to attack or fake attack by yourself etc... But I can see why you say this though you run into the premades that fit your description enough! Sometime I feel you post just to hear errr see yourself speak!
    edited December 2013

Wait what? I've killed plenty of players on my own and I see plenty of players doing the same. Yes, there are some that cannot kill without help, they always hang back and they know who they are, but the vast majority of the community can fight alone.
    edited December 2013

It is not just ground it is almost all PvPs in any game. That is called tactics.
    320x240.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Sometime I feel you post just to hear errr see yourself speak!

I could not agree with you anymore. You nailed this one on the head.
    320x240.jpg
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    It is not just ground it is almost all PvPs in any game. That is called tactics.

My god MAN! It's...it's like TEAMWORK is an important factor or something! :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    My god MAN! It's...it's like TEAMWORK is an important factor or something! :P

Teamwork is overpowered. And premades abuse this exploit.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

lol Bi Shonen, when you join first you say is lets all split and run around like headless chickens.^^ No really, there is no deathmatch mode, only Team deathmatch for arena.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I bet if you killed them first, then you wouldn't get killed. But you gotta be quick--just like a zombie apocalypse, they'll keep coming.

Go for the head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]