test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Minor gripe with lack of item sets

trycksh0ttrycksh0t Member Posts: 148 Arc User
Okay, maybe 'lack of item sets' isn't quite the correct way to phrase it, but it's 6:00 am and I'm exhausted, cut me some slack :P.

Anyway, I'm one of those players who really prefers to have my ships set-up as close to canon as possible, meaning my Feds have phasers and photons/quantums and my KDF ships pack disruptors and photons. Popping on to stoacademy and working on some end-game ship ideas, it dawned on me that there are no 2x weapon + console sets that fit with the traditional weapon layouts of either the Federation or KDF (don't ask me why it took me so long to notice this, I can be a bit dense at times). The only faction I can get a 'proper' feel out of in regards to ship weapons are the Romulans, thanks to the Singularity Harness set, and a hefty dose of reading into the lore (IRW vessels canonically packed disruptors, but I'm assuming that the RRW found it easier and more cost-effective to produce plasma weapons).

I guess the question is, will there ever be phaser/quantum/console and disruptor/photon/console sets available for Federation and KDF players, respectively? They could be 'starter' sets (similar to the Jem'Hadar or Breen sets) that were episode rewards, bundles in the C-store, or even dropped into the Lobi Consortium (I can't speak for everyone, but I would go crazy on lock-boxes of those item sets were Lobi-only).

While definitely not a major issue, it's just something that's bugging the bejesus out of me right now, and I needed to get it off my chest.
Post edited by trycksh0t on

Comments

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Through the problem with a Phaser/Disruptor weapon set, is that if they exist, then everyone with End Game equipped ships would use them, since Fleet Elite space weapons only come in Phasers/Disruptors...
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is a disruptor set but it requires either the elachi cannon or elachi torpedo. So it wouldn't help in a canon sense. And there's now a photon set with the voth gear but again you need to use either the funky photon or the experimental proton ray gun.

I agree there needs to be a phaser set.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Through the problem with a Phaser/Disruptor weapon set, is that if they exist, then everyone with End Game equipped ships would use them, since Fleet Elite space weapons only come in Phasers/Disruptors...

KDF side where the elite proc is great this may be the case, but Fed side, advanced weapons are more popular because the extra proc from elites is a pretty big let down.