test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Presidential Conspiracy Theories

collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Ten Forward
With the recent passing of the 50th anniversary of the assassination of JFK, I was wondering if there would be so many conspiracy theories about other presidential assassinations if video recorders had existed back then.

For instance, if there was the equivalent of the Zapruder Film about Lincoln's death would there be all kinds of theories as to whether John Wilkes Booth acted alone?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
Post edited by collegepark2151 on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He didn't act alone. He had at least five co-conspirators, and several others who were put on trial and either acquitted or pardoned were still a bit too involved for anyone's comfort. Remember, there was more to the plan: Originally they were going to kidnap Lincoln, and when that failed they were going to try to take out a pretty good chunk of the presidential succession in one swoop. The attempt on Johnson failed and there's no way after such public attacks they'd be able to keep taking out members of the administration, but even a stupid plan is still a plan.

And there were conspiracy theories beyond the actual conspiracy, which is part of the reason why pretty much anybody who had spoken to at least two of the conspirators ended up on trial.

There were also conspiracy theories around the deaths of William Henry Harrison, Zachary Taylor, and Warren G. Harding. They all died of various natural causes, but there were claims they were all poisoned. There was even a book written shortly after Harding's death called The Strange Death of President Harding.

I don't know of any conspiracy theories gaining traction over FDR's death, which is odd seeing as he had more enemies than Kennedy ever did, and a society primed to look for TRIBBLE agents under every rock should be prime breeding ground to believe in a TRIBBLE plot to kill the President. I'm sure there actually were and I just don't know about them.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Truth about JFK is all right here in this video.... it was Erik Lehnsherr FACT!!!

Magic bullet indeed
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Speaking seriously, there's a recent episode of NOVA from PBS that basically confirms the Warren report on the JFK assassination using modern forensics. (I love PBS.)

-- The rifle used in the assassination uses unusual ammunition (instead of being pointed like most rounds, it's cylindrical for most of its length) that has weird ballistics. The "magic bullet" did indeed overpenetrate JFK (they show it going through three feet of wood during a test fire), and then started to tumble in midair and went through the governor sideways. Look at it from the top, you can't tell it's been damaged. From the end, however, it's squashed.

-- Examination of the autopsy photos confirms that the lethal headshot entered from the rear. JFK jerked backwards due to an involuntary spasm from having half his brain blown apart. There was no second shooter.
    hevach wrote: »
    I don't know of any conspiracy theories gaining traction over FDR's death, which is odd seeing as he had more enemies than Kennedy ever did, and a society primed to look for TRIBBLE agents under every rock should be prime breeding ground to believe in a TRIBBLE plot to kill the President. I'm sure there actually were and I just don't know about them.

I don't know if there are any actual conspiracy theories over FDR's death, although there's an Elmore Leonard novel that implies he was poisoned by a TRIBBLE sympathizer.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    ...snip...

My brother was doing an internship with the Dallas County DA's office this summer and he spoke with the coroner who was on duty at the time JFK was shot. The coroner said that even though the law required the coroner of the locality the crime occurred in to perform the autopsy, the secret service pretty much took Kennedy's body at gunpoint.

Apparently a lot of the supposed irregularities were a result of a botched autopsy performed by an inexperienced doctor in DC who had never done an autopsy before instead of a skilled coroner. There was no coverup in the autopsy, just shoddy work that made it look suspicious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There was no second shooter.
    Pfft, everybody knows JFK was the second shooter. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One thing I keep hearing about JFK's death is that the wound on the back of his head was too large to be an exit wound and that IF it is an entrance wound somehow, then that would mean there is no exit would.

Or it could be both... maybe... if he was hit at just the right angle....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    One thing I keep hearing about JFK's death is that the wound on the back of his head was too large to be an exit wound and that IF it is an entrance wound somehow, then that would mean there is no exit would.

Or it could be both... maybe... if he was hit at just the right angle....

I think at most it goes back to the botched autopsy I mentioned earlier. I don't recall ever seeing a picture of the front of his head after the shot, so it's possible that the exit wound was the missing half of his face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I sat through a high-school history class about it, and yeah, we saw pic of both sides.... Not for the squeamish.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First let me say I am not good with names or dates, however...

Was it Lincolns Sec of War? that people suspected as being in on the assassination because he took some pages from Booth's journal, locked them in his safe for a few years and when time came for those pages to be read he somehow misplaced them? also, the same guy hired a special investigator and this guy knew exactly where Booth would be hiding with his little buddy in the swamp.

And about JFK, I just want to point out that not long before Oswald "killed" JFK he attempted to kill another guy in the government. The guy was in his apartment and Oswald was closer to him than he was to JFK and simply missed because he didn't take into account the bullet ricocheting on the window pane. So my thought is this... how can that guy who just botched what would be a simple kill actually pull off killing JFK while elevated, farther away, moving in a vehicle, the wind, and a drastically minimized target because JFK was in a convertible. His torso was covered. The only target Oswald could hit was his head.

And about the special bullet. JFK was hit with two different types right? The normal typical round and then the special round. That round could not be fired from the rifle Oswald used I believe. Also, it was covered up that there was a Secret Service agent holding a rifle in a car behind JFK. People reported at the commission they smelled gunpowder. If the shooter was in the building way above how is that possible?

Here are questions I ask myself...

Why did people on the ground smell gunpowder?
    Who was the agent with the rifle?
    Why was this covered up?
    Where would Oswald get such a special round?
    Who were JFK's enemies?
    If they wanted JFK dead and have there names never brought into discussion how would they do it?
    Would they hire an atypical hit man or hire a already known communist sympathizer?
    If so, how would they even know of Oswald?
    Who was watching Oswald before all this happened? The Secret Service
    Why did they decide to stop watching Oswald?
    What state was he killed in?
    How did the VP like being the VP?
    Who hated the VP?
    Where is the VP from?

I have always believed there was more to JFK being killed. With the number of enemies he had, only to be done in by a communist sympathizer who just botched a murder is ridiculous. The way I see it, he was a pawn, used by the real killer(s), Oswald only wished to be famous and show the communist movement he was a good soldier for the cause.
  • Options
    hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This video alone tells me it was a setup with the JFK deal. Too my bad apples in the bunch, and the sad part is some of them apples are still around today. :mad::(:mad::(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY02Qkuc_f8
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...I admit, with how political this is...it can't end well.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    the most out-there, but still somewhat plausible conspiracy theory I've heard for JFK, was that the VP's wife had him whacked. Sounds crazy right? But.... She DID have strong ties to the mafia.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Speaking seriously, there's a recent episode of NOVA from PBS that basically confirms the Warren report on the JFK assassination using modern forensics. (I love PBS.)

I can't get the video to load, but I don't think it's the same show anyway. Some show a few years back recreated the shot, down to some pretty gruesome detail, using human bones in ballistic gel set up in the same configuration as the people in the car, lined up down to the inch with a matching window. After a couple attempts, the shooter recreated the shot right down to the weird slot-shaped wound in the governor's thigh.

Where would Oswald get such a special round?

A good chunk of your questions are irrelevant or can be answered with some googling, but this one just made me go "Huh?." 6.5mm fmj isn't typical, but it's not exactly unheard of. It used to be easier to come by than it is now, particularly in that exact style (most guns can't safely fire a bullet that goes full diameter so close to the tip, but it's still out there and you can still buy it.

It's not like Booth had the only Carcarno rifle in the world.
  • Options
    felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You miss my point by thinking literally... I meant the 6.5 compared to the other round that could not have been fired form his rifle. And which questions are irrelevant? You can't just be in a discussion and say that without giving proof. And google is not proof.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My brother was doing an internship with the Dallas County DA's office this summer and he spoke with the coroner who was on duty at the time JFK was shot. The coroner said that even though the law required the coroner of the locality the crime occurred in to perform the autopsy, the secret service pretty much took Kennedy's body at gunpoint.

Apparently a lot of the supposed irregularities were a result of a botched autopsy performed by an inexperienced doctor in DC who had never done an autopsy before instead of a skilled coroner. There was no coverup in the autopsy, just shoddy work that made it look suspicious.

if there was a botched take over of the body then it can very well hide the real cause. which means your point is irreverent the same with the one in the previous quote as both cases require an unaltered JFK body and no false documents to prove the point and since he has been buried for half a century you won't get any further. the is why i don't believe that BS story about LHO shooting JFK.

why don't i bring my own proof? how can i bring which is mostly from circumstantial 3rd hand reports and eye witness statements which are known to be unreliable and made up lab reports that perport to show how JFK died this or that way? it's a black hole and until someone can shine a light into it and find the ground this will keep spinning the theory around.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    My apologies to everyone reading this thread. I didn't know it was going to turn into an airing of JFK theories. Sorry. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    HEHE well it was going to turn that way sooner or later. :rolleyes:;):D
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everyone knows it was The Comedian on the grassy knoll, anyway. :D
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    Everyone knows it was The Comedian on the grassy knoll, anyway. :D
    I thought The Comedian was aiming for the VP?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The most interesting one I heard (I forget where I heard it, either online or some program...) was that basically everyone around Kennedy those last 24 hours knew that he was going to get hit. Except Kennedy himself. Photos of people with him apparently looked uncomfortable, and the expression of the guy riding shotgun in Kennedy's car at the time, was described as that of someone who was hoping the sniper didn't miss and hit them instead :eek: Absolutely no idea how true that is, so I'm not going to say I believe it or that that it's The Truth, but it certainly interested me to think that Kennedy was that unliked by those around him that they'd get him whacked in a public place :eek:

(oh, the other conspiracy theory, is that both JFK and Lincoln were assassinated because they planned to do something with US currency like getting rid of the federal reserve or something, but the exact details escape me...)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My apologies to everyone reading this thread. I didn't know it was going to turn into an airing of JFK theories. Sorry. :o

It's the Internet, brining tinfoil hat wearers together since 1991.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have this crazy conspiracy theory that President Okeg in STO is a space reptilian.

There was also a thread about chemtrails on Risa during the Summer event this year. The guy was dead serious.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well lots of documents concerning the JFK assassination are still classified, so that should leave cause for suspicion right there.

JFK was making lots of powerful enemies, like with his executive order 11110 curtailing the power of the Federal Reserve, the nations powerful and very secretive central bank , which many suspect to be privately owned and operating in the interests of the major banks and not the interest of the American people.

JFK also gave a speech at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York City on April 27, 1961 mentioning the corrupt influence of secret societies, it is likely he would have gone after them and perhaps they had him killed. CIA agent, Skull and Bones member and later President George H.W. Bush was seen in Dealey Plaza at the time as this image search shows, so this also looks pretty suspicious, especially since these photos were classified and had to get a FOIA to release them.

We don't know what exactly happened, but its safe to say the official story is BS.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited November 2013
    I have this crazy conspiracy theory that President Okeg in STO is a space reptilian.

Riiight...next you'll be telling us that Chancellor Gorkon was assassinated with the help of his own people. :rolleyes:

As far as Dealey Plaza, I was privileged to visit there 21 years ago, and listen to a friend well versed in the theories, who'd actually interviewed eyewitnesses. I must say, standing at that very spot (no traffic to speak of that night, and the plaza was extremely well lit), I can see why a lot of the theories exist. Is the Warren Commission 100%? No idea. I am puzzled though by several things:

1. the timing of Oswald's supposed movements through the building, which conflict with several witnesses in the building on multiple floors at the time.
    2. the supposed testimony of LBJ's driver who, via the rear view mirror, apparently observed LBJ shove Mrs. LBJ down in the seat moments before the shots rang out.
    3. The prisoners in the upper floors of the jail overlooking Dealey Plaza, where there is apparently a very good view of the place observing things conflicting with the Warren Commission's report.
    4. The people around the car noticing smoke coming from the grassy knoll and even the street drain next to the motorcade.
    5. Men with weapons or something resembling a weapon (can't remember what he told me) leaving the area around the knoll.
    6. folks citing activity (smoke? guns? don't recall the specific detail) on the bridge the motorcade was approaching.
    7. the change of route that allowed the motorcade to turn more than 90 degrees which violated Secret Service policy, exposing the back of the motorcade to the Depository.
    8. the tree height between the Oswald window and the motorcade which was tall enough to block a clear view.
    9. Oswald's track record of poor marksmanship. (Now this one I could see him faking for specific goals if he was, as they suggest, into espionage)

Those are just what spring to mind from memories of that visit. There was a lot of other stuff discussed that didn't add up. I'd like to believe the Warren Commission was honest, not duped, and 100% on target, but like Jack the Ripper, I'm not sure we'll ever truly know.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    felixhex wrote: »
    You miss my point by thinking literally... I meant the 6.5 compared to the other round that could not have been fired form his rifle. And which questions are irrelevant? You can't just be in a discussion and say that without giving proof. And google is not proof.

What other round? There were three shots fired, and two bullets found. One bullet recovered was the "magic bullet", the second was another Carcano round that was torn to pieces and believed to be the headshot.

As for eyewitness accounts? Among criminologists they're considered rather unreliable. It has been scientifically proven that people aren't particularly good at remembering fine details of stressful situations.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013

There was also a thread about chemtrails on Risa during the Summer event this year. The guy was dead serious.

President Okeg denies having asexual relations with that silicon based life form.

Oh its not just chem trails and flouride in the attlai anymore: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

Of course I'm not dead. I'm in space...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz3PqA2Fmc
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.