test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I get refugees?

flynn444flynn444 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I've not been able to obtain a single refugee on my KDF character from either of these DOFF missions:

Support Expansion Efforts - rewards a prisoner
    Offer Sanctuary to Refugees from Federation Aggression - rewards no refugees

Are there other missions I need to undertake?
Post edited by flynn444 on

Comments

• pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you do the colonisation chains in the exploration sector maps, I believe there's a repeatable mission which rewards refugees.
    There's also the exchange or doff packs which have a chance of giving refugees. Breaking down other doffs also has a chance of giving refugees.
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Klingon "Support expansion efforts" don't award refugees but prisoners (like we really need more).
    "Offer Sanctuary to Refugees from Federation Aggression" gives refugees only on critical success.
    Refugees can also be gained by "Civilian personnel" recruitment missions (they can appear randomly), also they can appear in "General recruitment" packs.
    Sadly, there's no "100% chance to get refugee on successful mission" Klingon side, at least I'm not aware of one.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    By burning their cities and nuking their planets.

:cool:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No, you get refugees from having your planets nuked, you get prisoners from nuking others planets...
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The most reliable way is the exchange.

Just keep a bit of room empty and stock up on them when they're cheap. There are a lot of people who post KDF refugees for the same price as their Fed counterparts, meaning ~20-30k each.

Considering you can easily get 2-3 crit traits for most asylums it's worth it.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can also stock up on higher-quality doffs, then turn them into lower-quality doffs. Civilians seem to have an annoyingly high chance of appearing.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    By burning their cities and nuking their planets.

:cool:

then you just scoop them up in the mass exodus. easy peasy
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    then you just scoop them up in the mass exodus. easy peasy

You mean like the Elatchi and the Tal Shiar have been doing? (I'm referring to Viranant and Craterus)
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    You mean like the Elatchi and the Tal Shiar have been doing? (I'm referring to Viranant and Craterus)

Well it is certainly easier than flying in reverse with the cargo bay doors open.......
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Well it is certainly easier than flying in reverse with the cargo bay doors open.......

A Space Whale Shark!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've seen Refugees come as the reward from the Prisoner Exchange DOFF missions as well.
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "If we move Bolians, they are evacuees. If they come to us to be evacuated, they are refugees."
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)