What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i got myself a nice ground weapon from dyson reputation

zang3tsu1992zang3tsu1992 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Post edited by zang3tsu1992 on

Comments

• quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You're in space. The deeps will drop to its proper value once you're on the ground.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why does it show those values in space though? Is it because his char has polaron energy consoles are some other space ability that boosts it?
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why does it show those values in space though? Is it because his char has polaron energy consoles are some other space ability that boosts it?

Because STO's numbers always look hilariously large in space. Look at the T1 and T3 Omega rep passives in space for instance. You'll see regen values larger than the health pools your ground characters even have.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's some internal oddity of the different combat rules. Most ground weapons and powers will show much higher stats in space than on the ground, and most space weapons and powers will show much lower stats when you're on the ground.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So if you look at the weapon values while you are at your bridge does it count as ground??
  • zang3tsu1992zang3tsu1992 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it is the first time i saw his, so it was pretty hilarious. then i thought if i only had a space weapon that powerful.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So if you look at the weapon values while you are at your bridge does it count as ground??

Yes. Anywhere you're playing as your captain is ground, anywhere where you're playing as a ship is space.

If I'm not mistaken, even if you manage to trigger the bug where you have your ship on the ground or captain in space, it still knows the difference - you might be controlling the wrong character but the game still has you playing by the correct ruleset.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Your ground character and your space character- your ship- aren't separate entities. They're different costumes on one character, with different modifiers applied to things like health, heals, and damage.

You're seeing the space damage modifier applied to a ground weapon, but it's just a display bug.