test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan science vessel?

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Romulan Discussion
If i am to do a Romulan science captain, is there a ship for me?

with..

-Commander science station
-Ltn Commander science station
-EnoughScience consoles
-Shield modifier of 1.5

How about that?
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its called the Ha'nom.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Seems viable, thanks. Even if it is not Viceadmiral level ship, it is or at least looks well suited for the role.

I just wonder why i have not noticed this... Is it not visible for tactical captains or something, this is not a C-store shhip or is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its one of the freebie choices at lvl40, or there's a Mirror version that swaps the ensign to engineering. A lot of the RA ships are better than some of the C-store options really, the same 9 consoles 12 boff stations, but get overlooked because they were free or don't have a gimmick console. People just want to spend money sometimes. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Its one of the freebie choices at lvl40, or there's a Mirror version that swaps the ensign to engineering. A lot of the RA ships are better than some of the C-store options really, the same 9 consoles 12 boff stations, but get overlooked because they were free or don't have a gimmick console. People just want to spend money sometimes. :D

I hate spending money to digital stuff inside games but i confess i have done that few times :D

For those freebie ships, what i have noticed were those 3 ships that really dont look ike that bird in the picture, have to check it out tomorrow when i log in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just be aware that it is quite big and slow. It turns okay, but is kind of boring to fly. A second sci ship is supposedly being released in the next 6 months or so.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Romulan science ship options are rather limited. You have the Ha'nom at level 40, the R'Mor (which comes from a lockbox and is exorbitantly expensive on the exchange), and the Tulwar (which is more of a reskin of the Scimitar than a proper science vessel).

The other one really needs to come down the pipeline soon. Even the non-science-focused KDF has science vessels available for the taking.
  • Options
    snowpig74snowpig74 Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Farm the money/lobi, get the Tal'Shiar-Set (Destroyer + Battlecruiser) and use the Battlecruiser - you will never leave your home without it.
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Romulan science ship options are rather limited. You have the Ha'nom at level 40, the R'Mor (which comes from a lockbox and is exorbitantly expensive on the exchange), and the Tulwar (which is more of a reskin of the Scimitar than a proper science vessel).

The other one really needs to come down the pipeline soon. Even the non-science-focused KDF has science vessels available for the taking.

Yeah the Tulwar is not a viable science vessel - no commander science station. I have both the Hanom and the Rmor and between them the Hanom is a true warbird but flies like driving a dump truck, it's big and boxy and literally blocks out half the screen, while the Rmor is one of the smallest and sleekest Romulan ships with great turn but it's not a warbird - I don't really miss the singularity powers playing as science as I only used quantum absorbtion and plasma shockwave and science has better options - but the loss of cloak is huge.

Imo if you're using the tal shiar battlecruiser as science I don't see much of a difference between it and the fleet hanom, the bridge setup will be nearly identical unless you want to fiddle with the universal ensign station on the battlecruiser and otherwise it's singularity powers, better turn, and slightly higher shields vs much higher hull which hanom wins.
  • Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My most used singularity power is Warp Shadows. Bar none. It works every time, all the time. And seeing 5 invulnerable duplicate R.R.W. Torque Steers show up and take the heat off me long enough to let loose the big green cone of doom? Awesome.
  • Options
    varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The main problem with the ha'nom is its size. It's ridiculously big and that makes using it in eg. STFs problematic. Not to mention just trying to see what's in front of yourself.

Re price, the mirror ha'nom is currently quite cheap on the exchange - 140k. It was several million when it first came out but plunged down to about 40k with its inclusion in the voth lockbox. So now is a good time to buy one.

The word on romulan sci vessels is the next romulan ship should be a sci and we could see it by Christmas or early next year. It won't be a carrier, and there's currently no plans to make a rom sci carrier. It will be something akin to the fed vesta.

Unfortunately your only alternative in the interim is to use lower tier ally sci ships or save up a buttload of ec for a lockbox one. I did the latter and haven't looked sidewise at the ha'nom since.

Or the last resort is to fly something like the T'varo. It doesn't have a sci commander station but the universal lt com station lets you play a semi-sci.
  • Options
    otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been saying this for a while but the D'Kyr needs to be given a fleet version and have it (and the C-Store) version be open to Federation aligned Romulians.

I like the Com Sci/LtCom Eng slotting on this vessel. Also, it works in well with D'Tan being leader of the Romulan Unification Movement.

KDF aligned Romulians would be given access to the T5 K't'inga(D7), which gives Cruiser Commands to the Cruiser Command-less Romulian faction. Plus Romulians used D7's in TOS.

Personally, my Rom Fed Sci has a Mirror Ha'nom, which was used once, it's now a holding ship. I mostly go between a Sci focused Daeinos, D'deridex (with Projected Singularity), and the Obelisk Carrier. I might give the Haakona another go, wish the fleet version had a Uni Ens instead of that Tac Ens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    otakuboyt wrote: »
    I've been saying this for a while but the D'Kyr needs to be given a fleet version and have it (and the C-Store) version be open to Federation aligned Romulians.

I like the Com Sci/LtCom Eng slotting on this vessel. Also, it works in well with D'Tan being leader of the Romulan Unification Movement.

Gets my vote.