test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

gfx trouble after last update?

tenchivutenchivu Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Any1 has gfx trouble since last update? For some unknown reason... STO gfx became all scramble from time to time for me since last patch. Havent changed any setting in windows or STO.

Just wanna make sure that the problem isn't only me before debugging my system.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Theres alot of info on this already if you mean " AFterimages "

PRetty much just goto your video settings in options, look for post processing and turn it ON.

that'll fix it. It even says in yellow on every forum page.

Having trouble with your in-game graphics? Enabling the "Postprocessing" option in your 'video' options setting may help while we work on a permanent solution.
    (Options menu > 'Video' tab > "Effects" section > Postprocessing > "On" radio button)
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2013
    I am seeing some big problems with illumination. Example is in breach when you get to the hanger with the dreadnought (?). The floor is so bright I can't make anything out. I think it was fine initially so something must have been messed up since.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After about an hour or so I get missing textures & icons then the game crashes or I have to restart due to load screen hangs. Post processing does not help and only causes me to lag !

All this only started after season 8 and the update !
  • Options
    malachicartwrighmalachicartwrigh Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here.
    Haven't seen any 'Post Processing' advice.
    Are you meaning to access through the control panel?
    ...Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades or loose the cords of Orion?...
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here.
    Haven't seen any 'Post Processing' advice.
    Are you meaning to access through the control panel?

look at the big yellow text at the top of the forums, under the banner.
  • Options
    vnm51vnm51 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here.
    Something stops loading textures, all I can see are white objects. It's quite random though, sometimes inventory icons disappear, planet/ship/background textures, even station interiors.
    Postprocessing is allways on, tried to turn it off then on but no success.
  • Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    After about an hour or so I get missing textures & icons then the game crashes or I have to restart due to load screen hangs. Post processing does not help and only causes me to lag !

All this only started after season 8 and the update !

Same here, post processing alone does not help (makes the glowie blurs glowier, and blurrier) and it seems to add quite a bit of lag/delay to game response time.

I did read in another thread that I should switch to DX9 *and* the post-processing, will give that a go later on today.

Force
  • Options
    dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having the same issues. The video options settings.....are not on my Nvidia control panel. And I just noticed DX isn't showing anywhere.

After I could get back on the game (last patch), it was fine. The image problems started yesterday.
  • Options
    willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hate to jinx it but updated my NVidia drivers a couple of days ago and the game looks a lot sharper and runs a little smother.
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow