test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Actully being outside of the Dyson Sphere?

uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
Well as i sayd i dont know if its been sayed before but i would like to know if its possible to make a map outside of the Dyson Sphere just atleast a part of it so that i can make a screenshots and stuff to do. Or why not you can make it where is the door of it so we can enter the sphere the same door that was use in the episode of TNG "Relics".

This is just a suggestion and would like your opinion on this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by uss917019 on

Comments

• Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I suppose there's no reason they couldn't do this, but...

According to the lore, the only way to get to the Sphere from Romulan space is to go through the gateway, which leads to the inside of the Sphere, nto the outside. And so far, we haven't seen any doors which open to the outside.

That would be a logical way to advance the plot, though. Maybe the Voth Zone has a starship-sized door in the "floor." So far, we haven't discovered how they got inside...
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    ortsimortsim Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, so far the story line seems to end at T3 rep and the Voth zone is not open, so its hard to say what we'll find when it progresses. I doubt they would show much of the outside of the sphere due to the sheer size of it, which could make such a space map a bit odd with hitting invisible walls or something, but it'd be interesting to see where we end up, and if we get a new hub in the Delta Quadrant in the next season (supposedly Undine based).
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wouldn't rule out the possibility that we will end up having an exterior mission one of these days.

Especially in the cutscenes when it was mentioned Voth coming in at one end and us on another, makes me suspect we might have a mission that goes through the space doors.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I suppose there's no reason they couldn't do this, but...

According to the lore, the only way to get to the Sphere from Romulan space is to go through the gateway, which leads to the inside of the Sphere, nto the outside. And so far, we haven't seen any doors which open to the outside.

That would be a logical way to advance the plot, though. Maybe the Voth Zone has a starship-sized door in the "floor." So far, we haven't discovered how they got inside...
    there is however a large gash in the contested zone which could be modified(in theory) to act as an exit. This would take a huge amount of work and can't be done while the Voth are trying to kill everyone who gets near it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited November 2013
    If you were outside the dyson sphere and viewing your ship in scale as usual, all you'd see on one side of the map is a huge mechanized wall. This goes back to my original foresight into seeing the dyson sphere as problematic and counter intuitive as a plank for a new holding many many months ago. But as usual, good advice usually doesn't go too far in life. And so far my early warnings came back to haunt us more so than I cared to have imagined.
    May good management be with you.
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And then when you get outside the Dyson Sphere you discover that it's about 10% larger than earth and slightly octagonal due to low poly count.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It would be interesting. There's a cracked rift in the contested zone which should lead outside into space. And yeah, if done properly to scale, half of the backdrop would be one giant TRIBBLE wall.

Maybe Cryptic will also explain how the Voth fit their fortress ship inside, either through a door the size of Europe...or by some other means.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    klaitu wrote: »
    And then when you get outside the Dyson Sphere you discover that it's about 10% larger than earth and slightly octagonal due to low poly count.

It'd almost certainly have to be part of the skyfile, like the planet in the KDF mission "Alpha" (but on an even larger scale, of course).
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    klaitu wrote: »

That's when you turn it into a joke.

"Guess this isn't a Dyson Sphere afterall..........more like a megadodecahedron". :P
  • Options
    endorfinatorendorfinator Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Most likely season 9, the sphere is our gateway to the delta quadrant, and I am pretty sure that season 9 is in the delta quadrant.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Most likely season 9, the sphere is our gateway to the delta quadrant, and I am pretty sure that season 9 is in the delta quadrant.

See the thing is the Sphere is on the edge of the Delta Quadrant, while the good stuff is far away. So that means that for the mainstream Delta Quadrant, Cryptic would have to add the Barzan Wormhole and perhaps reopening the Borg Transwarp Conduits.