test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning Player Question: AWOL Bridge Officers

skallgrimsonskallgrimson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Academy
Please forgive my ignorance but is there a way to fix bridge officers not showing up on your bridge. Let me explain: I am specifically talking about bridge officers in your roster taking the place of the "generic" bridge officers on your bridge when "Visiting Starship Bridge".

For instance On the "Order" bridge there are slots for 3 tac 3 engineers and 3 science officers. Right now my standard away team shows up but the rest of the seats are filled with generic crew. Even though I have enough crew to fill the slots in my roster.

When I first started playing this game a few years ago when visiting your bridge it would be populated with your bridge officers from your roster at the various stations.

I know I'm in the minority, but this was one of my favorite aspects of the game. Creating the perfect look/backstory etc for each bridge officer.

Then along came a patch (I don't remember which one) that broke this. I created a ticket and they said they know about the bug and it would be worked on eventually.

Things happen I moved on to other games. Six months or so later I checked back and the problem was still there. I've given it another six months and the problem persists.

What I'm asking is if there is a way to fix this? I tried searching the forums and couldn't find anything and no one else seems to be complaining about it. I imagine most don't care.

When I change the crew stations and away team I can get them all to show up temporarily but then after changing certain zones or logging out for awhile they revert back to generic crew.

The reason I bring this up now is because I recently acquired "Flores" and she always shows up even if not assigned to away team or a station... so there must be some reason she works and none of the other crew do.

Things I have tried: Complete reinstall of STO, changing every configuration of stations and away team. Changing the outfits of every crew member and saving them. Deleting and re-crating a bridge officer. Completely changing ships and ship interiors.

I haven't deleted them ALL and just re-invented the wheel as I would like to know for sure if that would work before taking such a drastic undertaking.

Or if this is still just an acknowledged bug and there is nothing I can do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise...
seek what they sought." -Basho
Post edited by skallgrimson on

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    unfortunately, you might wnat to switch to a different bridge, some bridges seem to fill up easier than others with BO's, it seems random as to which position is filled or not.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is no way to fix this. A long, long, long, long, LONG (long) time bug (although not sure if Cryptic considers it one).

STO randomly puts either your BOs or generic crew into every seat on your bridge. There's little to no order or thought or anything else put into it.

It's just a mess.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a bug the started with LOR. It has gotten better before you had none of your Boffs, then one, now your away team. Maybe it will get fixed soon. Or maybe we should bug the Devs like what happened during the "clone attack".
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I thought it was supposed to be tied tied to who you had assigned to Department Heads in the Doff window, but in practice it does seem rather random at times. I haven't been on my bridge in quite a while though, so I can't say if it's working any better or worse lately.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I thought it was supposed to be tied tied to who you had assigned to Department Heads in the Doff window, but in practice it does seem rather random at times. I haven't been on my bridge in quite a while though, so I can't say if it's working any better or worse lately.

I don't think it is linked to that. But even if it is, that is buggered aswell, so no help really.

I get that these are both low priority, it is getting ridiculous that they have gone this long.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is a bug that appeared in LoR, where the game decides to randomly not acknowledge the existence of some or all of your boffs, resulting in them being deassigned from their department head assignments, ghosted into a blank box in the boff station assignments, or even being flat out completely removed, leaving you AFK in an STF as your entire tray is scrambled and your ship is unmanned, so you can't do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]