test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth Antiproton Space Weapons

captweaverscaptweavers Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Has anybody tried these new weapons in PVP?
I was thinking about getting a set of accx3 dual heavy cannons / turrets.
Thanks.
Post edited by captweavers on

Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i dont really think of them as AP weapons, they are a wholly new weapon with its own unique proc. they dont have the built in crtD that actual AP comes with, so you cant get like crtD5 DHC like i was hopeing lol
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think, well not very hard it hurts my pretty head, but I think the turrets will be used. You'd likely only need two of them to see the debuff on a single target about as often as you're ever going to.

Although interestingly enough, a build that was heavy on these types of weapons would make a rather cool and accurately named suppression build.

Cheers!
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do any -Teams clear the proc?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thissler wrote: »
    Although interestingly enough, a build that was heavy on these types of weapons would make a rather cool and accurately named suppression build.

A place for the Eng to charge in and suppress the potential damage output of the enemy while possibly having the best chance to survive up to the point of suppression!?!?!

Nope, the Sci can DOFF Scan to do a damage debuff too...damn, so close! :P

As for the weapons themselves, since they have 3 mods available to them - you could take [Acc]x2[CrtD] to get yourself the equivalent of AP [Acc]x2 with the Voth proc. So it becomes a case of comparing [Dmg]x2 vs. [VothAP].

As for what clears it....that's a nifty question. I skipped Tribble testing (well, they skipped me first) - so I've never had access them to see. Hrmm, would it be considered a Tac Debuff? Perhaps an Eng Debuff? Figure they probably went with TT over ET. Hrmm, will have to take a look (or hope somebody answers first)...
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My JHAS is loaded up with a DBB, DHCx3, and turret x3 voth AP currently. If any of y'all want to test out clears for the proc, just PM me in game.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the problem will be faw crusiers debuffing the entire enemy team. And i hope the debuff don't stack
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »
    the problem will be faw crusiers debuffing the entire enemy team. And i hope the debuff don't stack

Yep, that's another part of a group of questions that have been raised:

1) Does it stack?
    2) Does it proc target immunity?
    3) Does it have a proc limiter on the weapon itself when used in situations where the weapon could otherwise proc multiple targets?
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ah yes, they would make perfect turrets for AP users, in addition to that omni beam anyway
  • mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i dont really think of them as AP weapons, they are a wholly new weapon with its own unique proc. they dont have the built in crtD that actual AP comes with, so you cant get like crtD5 DHC like i was hopeing lol

Its still another viable ResB weapon now with full acc x3, you missed the most important part.
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ah yes, they would make perfect turrets for AP users, in addition to that omni beam anyway

omni beam interferes with the DBB on beam overload :(
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited November 2013

It works great on a Vesta. You get the DHC benefits without sacrificing a forward slot and still get beam overload and subsystem targeting.
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A place for the Eng to charge in and suppress the potential damage output of the enemy while possibly having the best chance to survive up to the point of suppression!?!?!

Nope, the Sci can DOFF Scan to do a damage debuff too...damn, so close! :P

Doesn't placate take care of sensor scan? I had always thought you had to keep the sensor scan target as your target or the debuff would go away?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Doesn't placate take care of sensor scan? I had always thought you had to keep the sensor scan target as your target or the debuff would go away?

I think you're confusing sensor scan and sensor analysis.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

It can, but if you're careful you can restart the weapons cycle by tapping fire all, since the DBB is in an earlier slot of the firing sequence it should fire off first.

You could even make a key to dual activate BO then Fire All.

If you're in a cloaked ship it should be easier as well, as you'll start firing from the leftmost fore weapon.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It can, but if you're careful you can restart the weapons cycle by tapping fire all, since the DBB is in an earlier slot of the firing sequence it should fire off first.

You could even make a key to dual activate BO then Fire All.

If you're in a cloaked ship it should be easier as well, as you'll start firing from the leftmost fore weapon.

I know, I am just used to leaving turret slots on autofire, since I dont tend to use weapons that will interfere with procs (like elachi ones)

AP is great like that, set it and let it fly cause it just does straight damage >_>

That being said, I have decided I am going to go with the AP set and maybe 1 or 2 of the new weapons in conjunction with fleet APs on my avenger build.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus