What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson Sphere Battle Zone and You!

maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
The Alliance Wants You!
To Win the Battle Zone

"I want you to remember that no TRIBBLE ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb TRIBBLE die for his country. "
(George C. Scott as Patton)

Winning the Battle Zone is simply a Matter of Understanding and Preparation.

First Preparations-
4 Weapons, 3 Suits of Armor, 3 Personal Shields, 12 Device Slots, 1 Kit,
8 Boff abilities, 1 set of captain traits and abilities, 2 sets of Boff traits.

This is the sum total of what you can be using while in combat on the Dyson Sphere Battle Zone. If you want to win, you should know exactly what is in all those variables, and you should have them work together as well as possible.

For a full discussion of Ground Combat check out: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=224505
(No I am serious, open it in another tab and refer back to it when you have questions.)

However to keep this guide moving I'll put forward a pair of simple suggestions.

Gear:
1. For the Haves: the Omega/Adepted MACO/MACO/Dyson Armors are great for this. Remember Omega Armor is the only set bonus that stacks, if your going to have more then one suit of the same armor it better be Omega.

2. For the have nots: Go get the Dominion Ground Set from the Dominion FE, (It's under the Cardassian Episode on your FE mission list) and the Good old Sychronic Proton Rifle (From the Davidian FE). This setup is not truly optimal but it will get the job done, until you get something better. Use the SMG as your primary both for its high dps, and for expose and then flip to the SPR to exploit, preferable try to do this on groups of enemies.

3.Device Slots- The Cane, the Shard, Various types of Grenades, Personal Gambling Devices, All good things to have. If you don't Large Hypos, Large Shield Batteries, Large Weapon Packs, and your Choice of TRIBBLE (NOT THE OMEGA TRIBBLE!) will get the job done just fine.

Next Boffs-
1. Have a healer, if that's your character fine, but Boffs make great healers. Regardless don't go into the zone without a medic.

2. Be prepared to kill things-
There are loads of damage strategies for boffs, I recommend your Tac Boff with the best Ground traits, Fitted out with traits that look as close to the Fire team kit as the trainer can make them, armed with weapon with the opposite effect your main weapon (Exploit if you have expose, expose if you have exploit).

(Remember to check that other tab when you have questions)

Preparations Complete Now for Understanding-

Two basic rules:
Stay Alert and keep moving at all times! If it's red, It's dead, or it better be soon if you don't want to be.
(Heavy weapons, all color the ground before landing, as long as your not holding still or walking straight into those circles they are a very minimal threat. So I'm speaking literally, always keep moving.)

The Map- 3 Zones, Park, City, Fringe.

Many Objectives-

Spawn points (Teleports)-
Walk up Kill the guys touch the console, Now if you die you, don't walk back as far, and your 19 other best friends in the zone can come help you. These are critically important.

Capture points (The little Eye Ball/ Drones Spots)-
Get the Yellow Circle stay both inside and alive. Win! The more folks you have the faster this goes. It is possible to do this solo, a great place to start if you don't know what your doing.

Omega Silos (The Omega Lettered Zones)-
Race the barrel up the line into the tower. Press the consoles as advances, don't let the dino's touch their consoles to stop it. Easy Money. If your new to ground don't try this alone.

Artillery (The Ion Cannon Looking things)-
Roll in kill a pack Voth set the Little egg timers by hitting the console 3 times. (Twice in the front once on each side) Repeat this until the command guy says the mecha are incoming. Kill the Mecha, Collect lewt, move on.

So now that your whole zone is lovely shade of Blue if the Little T-Rex zone appears, go waste that Turkey. If not head back to the teleport and beam over to the another zone and get back to work.

V-Rex Fighting-
Keep moving, don't let them get those Omega particles. Kill the Medics first, and whenever they respawn. Don't Fight the V-Rex Alone.

Final Notes-

Buffs!!! There loads of Buffs all over the zone, Get them!! Don't just let them sit there, run through them and use them!

Lastly whenever you complete an objective it will drop little purple credit things. These let you summon reinforcements, You can only do this when an objective is secure. If you weren't aware objectives left alone eventually are re-taken by Voth. This is bad. Summoned reinforcements slows this down, and gives you Dyson Sphere marks (YAY!). So pick them up and USE THEM. They decay if you leave the zone, so no point in holding on to them.

Finally Advance Topic 1- Mob Scavenger Hunt-
Each zone has at least special named Mob, each one is linked to an achieve, hunt'em down and kill them.
Post edited by maliusnight on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Buffs and You!

So if you have spent enough to on the DBZ to finish the capture point quest you have noticed the many different buffs littering your path. For your convince I'm gonna run down them and I'll work on getting some Screenies in here for you.

All buffs last 2 mins (120 secs)

Green Plus Sign- +50% health increase (keep in mind that Cryptic applies percentage based boosts on base values. So this buff will increase your health along the lines of something like 25% as a whole.)

Red Cross-hairs - A +50% damage buff. (YAY!)

A Yellow Person with shield around them- +50% shield increase. (b/c re-spawning sucks.)

Shield - +50% damage resistance Buff.

Blue Running Man- A 20% Speed and dodge Buff. Great for getting into or out of trouble asap, or for when your running from teleporters to the various V-rex points, dodge is also great for avoiding pesky enemy attacks.
  • Options
    clintonseaforthclintonseaforth Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can you nab screen shots of the BUFFS and explain what each one does? Cryptic obviously doesn't have dev's smart enough to do that, or it would have been done BEFORE the season was launched.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Can you nab screen shots of the BUFFS and explain what each one does? Cryptic obviously doesn't have dev's smart enough to do that, or it would have been done BEFORE the season was launched.

I'd be happy to. I'll have to see about the screen shot part.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tried the Battlezone last night;
    I freaking loved it !
    Was grouped with 4 of my fleetmates. So much fun.
    *Could be even more epic with the use of jetpacks :D*

And your list of Available buffs is great. Now I know, and knowing is Half the battle :D
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited November 2013
    +1 nice.

And yea, BZ's just awesome (IMO, tho with the opinion shared by most of my fleeties, too).

Just a hint, however - ability spam/grenade effects and so forth can be heavy, so if your rig has problems in space combat, it certainly will have in BZ - one might consider lowering e.g. particle effects to Low, reduce dynamic lights/shadows, and so forth so that their frame rates don't outright tank or die.
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For running between various points and V-Rex encounters, the Frosted Boots from the Winter Wonderland are a godsend! If you have them... Use them!
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can solo everything except the V-Rex and the Omega barrel thing. Problem I have with the barrel is that when I'm alone, I can't help but to get shot while trying to operate the consoles, interrupting it. Even if I kill everything first, more stuff will beam in, and at least one will decide to shoot me. Just not worth the hassle. I just focus on transporters, artillery and cap & hold points unless I hook up with people as I move around.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Played it once

NEVER again it's so so so so so so so so Boring
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Different strokes I guess. I find it probably one of the most interesting places in the game just from how organically everything happens. It's not like the same STF where you go through the same steps in the same order every time. You may be alone, or with a team, or just running around following a mass of people you just happened upon. Such groups will form and disband as you move about. People will run up to assist you, or you can assist someone else you see. The capture points will dynamically adjust their difficulty depending how many people are there. Minibosses will randomly show up to gank you out of nowhere. You actually have to think on your feet and adapt to situations rather than just follow a strict pattern.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, seriously, jam3s - I've never been a fan of STO Ground, but this? This is downright FUN. like shockwave said - it's extremely dynamic. Though I wish I could run faster, it's really the most action-packed, ever-changing, and LUCRATIVE environment in the game.

As krazy as Treknosaurs are (tm) :p, the zone is actually mad fun in my opinion compared to all the other STO ground content.
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I can solo everything except the V-Rex and the Omega barrel thing. Problem I have with the barrel is that when I'm alone, I can't help but to get shot while trying to operate the consoles, interrupting it. Even if I kill everything first, more stuff will beam in, and at least one will decide to shoot me. Just not worth the hassle. I just focus on transporters, artillery and cap & hold points unless I hook up with people as I move around.

Soloing Omega silos takes some practice, use your security team or Shard just before you activate the console, this keep aggro off you. Pay attention to the lights on the structure. They turn red when stopped and green when going. If you preposition you can usually cap the point before the spawn gets to you.

Pay close attention whenever there is more then 2 spec ops or medics on the field. They res one another and it can hard to deal with solo.

Soloing V-rexs is decently tough, mainly is just very slow. Remember that there are only 4 waves of medics ( 2 medics per wave totaling 8 medics). Staying alive is always your first priority. Hand in hand with that is rezing your boffs if they get dropped. Better to stop dpsing and res then other way around.

Next V-rex are most likely to kill you with their mortars and any effect that you stun you while the mortars are going off. That means killing adds to avoid getting stunned. Stay mobile and be patient.
  • Options
    generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Thanks Much :D
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Soloing Omega silos takes some practice, use your security team or Shard just before you activate the console, this keep aggro off you. Pay attention to the lights on the structure. They turn red when stopped and green when going. If you preposition you can usually cap the point before the spawn gets to you.

Pay close attention whenever there is more then 2 spec ops or medics on the field. They res one another and it can hard to deal with solo.

Soloing Omega Silos is not impossible, but it does require a little bit of luck and a little bit of experience.

First of all: Make sure you have at least one BOFF with Chroniton Mine Barrier. If you're a Captain, you should be using the Enemy Neutralization Kit (highest mark available) to get the Chroniton Mines.

Second: Know when and where the barrel will stop, and be standing there the second the barrel stops.

Third: Make sure you know where the Voth will spawn after the 1st stop and the 2nd stop.

Right before the 1st stop, lay chroniton mines where the Voth will spawn for round 1. Post your BOFFs to stand in front of it, while you go back to hit the console. The Voth will either explode, or be busy dealing with your boffs to go after you.

For the 2nd stop, that's when you use Security Team and/or the Shard.

Note that this becomes much, much, much more difficult if you're using an Omega Silo near a Swarmer spawn point, as the Swarmers will auto-target you (and only you, even if you aren't firing)