test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Console slots

alexindcobraalexindcobra Member Posts: 608
edited November 2013 in Federation Discussion
I have read in a former Dev blog entertaining the concern about ship console layouts for some of the older models handicap the players ability to compete with the newer or lockbox ships. They said something about possibly selling console slots so that players can balance their ships the way they want. I for sure hope they do give us this option. It would go a long way to fixing layout problems in ships like the Galaxy, Nebula, Star Cruiser. These ships are put at a disadvantage against the fellow cruisers Excelsior, Sovereign, and Ambassador because the lack of weapon console slots and the placement on slots that are not needed. For example, I would swap out the 3 science console slot on the Galaxy for a 3rd weapon console slot. I don't need extra sceince ability on the Galaxy because it is not a science ship and have weak LT Scienc BOFF ability. The ship does, however, need weapon strength which is provided by weapon consoles.

Buying and swapping console slots would give players more options to talor their ship to be more in the department that they wish than to be forced to be in the default layout that is quite Dev bais. Some players may want to see their Nebula as an assault cruiser rather than a weak science ship, or have their Galaxy compete with a TActical Oddyssy.
Post edited by alexindcobra on

Comments

• coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I want to see the Fleet Fed Dreadnought first...
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if that would happen, and considering the new fleet tac consoles available anything less than maximum tac console slots is weak.

the idea behind it is great, and increase ship diversity A LOT again, but considering how unbalanced the console departments are i doubt that this would be easy to implement without TRIBBLE balance utterly.

nowadays you go for a ship with 4-5 tac console slots and fill the rest with some usefull universal consoles, or fleet consoles.

so, imo, without a revamp and nerf of tac consoles everybody would just go for max tac consoles.
    Go pro or go home
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since the devs have officially nixed the idea for BOff rearrangement(don't have link handy, was stated in a forum comment), I would think the console rearrange idea is out the door as well. Right now the best hope you have is they come out with a remixed 2409 ship that can be themed to look like a Galaxy (like the Regent/Fleet Assault Cruiser), which will probably set you back 2500Z minimum.
  • alexindcobraalexindcobra Member Posts: 608
    edited November 2013
    Ideas only die and get nixed if fans give up, and not say anything, because as long as this idea is dead, there will be "Fix Galaxy", "Redo Nebula", "Revanp Dreadnought", and "Make Old Ships Tier 5" threads in the Forums as long as this game exist. This idea of buying and re-arranging of console slots would put balancing of ships in the player's hand, instead of being a Dev bais setup. I ,personally, would not try to make my Galaxy and Galaxy Dreadnought have 5 Tac slot because that would not help these slow turn monsters' survivability. I already know how that feels, but i could go for 3 or 4 Tac slots which would defintely make the Galaxy R more competative for its lack of weapon power givine it's beams more teeth and Galaxy X on par with the New Battlecruiser in firepower.