test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I get commendations? (and some feedback)

latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Spent quite a bit of time last night trying to figure how to get one of these. I think it's either buggy, or very non-intuitive. My goal was to get one right away so I could start my 20hr rep project. So I log in with my KDF aligned Romulan, Transwarped to Tau Dewa, and went through the Iconian gateway. Viewed the cutscenes and beamed down to the Dyson Command center. Spoke to the closest NPC, then spoke to another NPC, and then finally spoke to the Romulan NPC where there was another cutscene. I received a mission about Supply problems. So up until now, I still don't know which missions to run to get a commendation for my rep project.

Before leaving to do the supply mission, I ran into the battlezone NPC asking if I wanted to go to the battlezone. Surely I could get a commendation from there right? Took the shuttle to the battlezone, viewed another cutscene, and then went to the outskirts. Played for about a half hour, had fun shooting dinos, and eventually we won the battle zone. But all I got for rewards was dilithium and Dyson marks. So then I figured I would do one of the qued missions. I joined the que for Storming the spire (elite). Pew pewed for another 20 minutes, and was rewarded with more marks and dilithium. Still no commendation. Tried the Breach (normal). Finished that one, and still no commendation, yet I hear of people getting one from this mission. Bugged?

So then I go back to the Allied area, and hail Dyson Command. Still see the same Supply mission which is 'in progress'. But no daily which I hear is another way to get a commendation. Decide to finish the supply mission which then gives me a mission in the Ion Stream, which then gives me a mission to scan the mines, which then gives me a mission to go to the contested zone. So I am back in the battlezone area. Didn't get any commendations from here before, so I left and went back to allied zone. Hailed Dyson command, and still no 'daily' mission. So after about 2+ hours of play, I'm still scratching my head as to HOW to get a freaking commendation. Warped out of the sphere, logged out and in, and went back into the sphere. FINALLY, hailing command gives me an Allied daily mission. But I ran out of time as servers were coming down for maintenance last night. As for how to complete it, I know you can just do the random missions in the zone, but are there other ways? And is having to leave the sphere and re-enter to get the mission a bug?

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know for sure any of the new sphere PvE queue missions give them.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tenkari wrote: »

That's what I've heard, but I played 2 of them (one on elite, one on normal), and didn't get one from either.
    edited November 2013
    tenkari wrote: »

They're bugged. Ran "The Breach" yesterday, got zilch.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can get them from doing any daily inside the Sphere. You can also get five for 350 marks, by running the "Deliver Reports of Joint Command Victories" special project on the rep page.

These are working, as I have gotten 7 commendations so far, enough for the entire week.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got one from breach normal on character A, failed to get on on character B running breach elite.

There is also a reputation project to turn 200 marks into 5 commendations. It's in the bottom of the three rep project fields.

I picked up 320+ marks running around the battleground for an hour and doing breech normal once. So I'm set for this whole week on commendations.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bugged or not, any of the 5-person missions should give one :) Also, any of the daily missions (one each in Allied Zone, Contested Zone, Battlezone, and maybe the Voth Zone) can give you one.

Though it's only a once-per-day thing (unless you use the 350 marks = 5 commendations mission in your Rep UI), so getting one removes the commendation from all other missions until that cooldown goes away
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited November 2013
    You can get them from doing any daily inside the Sphere.
    trek21 wrote: »
    Also, any of the daily missions (one each in Allied Zone, Contested Zone, Battlezone, and maybe the Voth Zone) can give you one.

This here is the problem. The only 'daily' mission I was able to get was the one in the Allied Zone, and only after I left the sphere entirely and re-entered. I knew it couldn't be the only daily, but unlocking these missions seem to be bugged.
    edited November 2013
    i have played a few hours yesterday and i am still asking myself the same question...

very unintuitive imho

so there are dailies? where would i get those?

i did missions for some Klingon dude in the contested zone, but he always gave me 10 marks... which was kind of fun at first but got old fast when it started to repeat itself and i noticed that they are only good for the 1 hour project and require a lot less than i got.

also: they said SPACE Adventure Zone, i refuse to do anything that has to do with ground until i get really bored with the space stuff ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    also: they said SPACE Adventure Zone, i refuse to do anything that has to do with ground until i get really bored with the space stuff ;P

I had the most fun on the ground battlezone (I "accidentally" spent a couple hours there) you should try it out
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • theolopboytheolopboy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It isn't very clear you need to get a wrapper mission from the guy in the command centre for the ground zone. I helped do captures in three zones and helped kill 2 Vrexs last night before I found that out.
    Correct forum join and LTS subscriber from date : 27/01/2010
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    This here is the problem. The only 'daily' mission I was able to get was the one in the Allied Zone, and only after I left the sphere entirely and re-entered. I knew it couldn't be the only daily, but unlocking these missions seem to be bugged.
    Well first off, the Daily missions are fairly easily identified: they give fifty Dyson marks as opposed to 10, they have a Dil reward of 960, and if it's the first one you've completed, 1 Dyson Commendation.

After I did the very-low-XP intro missions of the various areas, hailing Command offered me the Allied Daily (only in the Allied Zone). Same applies to Contested Zone and Battlezone

Don't know about Voth Zone, because I know it's mainly 5-person content over there :D
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited November 2013
    Well first off, the Daily missions are fairly easily identified: they give fifty Dyson marks as opposed to 10, they have a Dil reward of 960, and if it's the first one you've completed, 1 Dyson Commendation.

After I did the very-low-XP intro missions of the various areas, hailing Command offered me the Allied Daily (only in the Allied Zone). Same applies to Contested Zone and Battlezone

Don't know about Voth Zone, because I know it's mainly 5-person content over there :D

Yes, they are easily identified... IF they are given - especially since most of them specifically say "(daily)" in the mission title. I'd recognize them if I saw them. But problem was that I was not given them. Had to warp out and re-enter the zone. And I did not get the mission in the ground battle zone either.
    edited November 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Yes, they are easily identified... IF they are given - especially since most of them specifically say "(daily)" in the mission title. I'd recognize them if I saw them. But problem was that I was not given them. Had to warp out and re-enter the zone. And I did not get the mission in the ground battle zone either.
    Random, huh? That's most likely a bug

You're sure Commander Arnolds (the guy in charge in the Battlezone) didn't have it? Yesterday I got it from him after the intro visit
    Was named Trek17.

• vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Random, huh? That's most likely a bug

You're sure Commander Arnolds (the guy in charge in the Battlezone) didn't have it? Yesterday I got it from him after the intro visit

Got the same issue. Can't pick up the mission there.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Indeed, what's up with Breach? I did it on Elite on three toons yesterday, only two of them got the commendation. Then for the third guy, I ran it twice and still didn't get squat. What gives?
    Craptix I wantz my cummendationz! lol