test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missions aren't showing up now

donperkdonperk Member Posts: 200 Arc User
With everyone rushing to the Dyson sphere this may have gone unnoticed -- or maybe I've just missed the comments -- but since the update a LOT of missions seem to be missing now in game. I know someone mentioned that search is further screwed up, but I can't even find missions by author anymore!

Here are the ones I checked:
  • FED - "Collectiveness Strikes Gold" by stoutes
  • KDF - "The Sins of the Fathers" by donperk
  • KDF - "Grapok in the General's Lung" by malize
  • FED - "Purity I: Of Denial" by zorbane. Actually all of the Purity series except for VI.

Also, no spotlights appear on KDF side and only Purity VI is in the spotlight list for FED.

If this is mentioned elsewhere, sorry for the dupe.
Post edited by donperk on

Comments

• Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, i secretly hoped it would come back pretty soon after launch... It's in an automated process to republish it for S8. Happened as well when LoR launched...

Still sad though :(..
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    It's a gradual republishing process that has never (to my recollection) been complete in less than 24 hours. All missions are taken down and auto-republished and they come back randomly as the process gets to them. Be patient. If when BranFlakes says the process is complete a mission of yours is still not up, then you do have an issue and should report it.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually, a full Foundry republish can take over a week.
  • Options
    donperkdonperk Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, guys. I wasn't panicked, just not sure what to expect. I do recall now that there was a "republishing" involved. It just never occurred to me that missions would not show up during the republishing. It makes sense, now. *facepalm*

I originally "discovered" that missions were missing because I wanted to see if my missions still worked after the update.

Chalk this one up to it being my first season cross-over.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just keep checking on it. As dragoon says it can normally take up to a week.

There are occasionally some unexpected things that can cause a mission to not republish. During one of the previous updates either some of my objects got moved or a map border got shrunk (which does happen, people should watch out for those), but consequently the mission now had objects outside the placeable area, which created errors preventing it from republishing. Was a simple fix though thanks to multi-select. Just moved the objects back into place and it was fine.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    aleniskendraaleniskendra Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My Foundry Slots have disappeared! I just reported it to the support team. I can't get in to create content at all and I just barely bought my slots a few weeks ago. I'm a bit freaked out. If this happened to a bunch of people, that might be why missions are missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My very first Foundry Mission, Healing Old Wounds, has been completely reworked and rereleased!
    (Also, a quick shout-out, please visit Starbase UGC for all your Foundry needs!)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    My Foundry Slots have disappeared! I just reported it to the support team. I can't get in to create content at all and I just barely bought my slots a few weeks ago. I'm a bit freaked out. If this happened to a bunch of people, that might be why missions are missing.

This is the normal process for a season update. Foundry access is disabled while the existing missions are auto-republished. As missions come back up we're supposed to play them and report any bugs. Reviewing is normally disabled during this part of the process so we don't get one-starred for stuff that isn't our fault. In due course editing will be brought back online (again, we should check for bugs), and lastly, reviewing will be re-enabled.

Can't give you a time estimate really. Going by past experience: a week at least, longer if there are game-breaking issues. The things I noticed on Tribble were fixed, so honestly I don't anticipate any big issues, but I've said that before and been wrong...