test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assaulting the Fortress

hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
Or whatever that new Dyson Space Que is... uuugh... It is pretty horrible.

I mean the first part is almost tolerable except for the strange way you get swept up and cannot stop or stop all jittery. I mean I guess we are supposed to be in atmosphere but the physics do not work out.

Then when you are inside there is no way to know where to go at first and I had someone LEAVE the match because they could not head in to the Dreadnaught due to not being able to find it.

The lag in this place is HORRIBLE and you can get stuck on the environment all over the place.

But the part that really burns my biscuits is that you are given something like ~60 seconds to escape? Between the lag, not knowing if there is an escape route other than back tracking, and the slow speed of your ship even at full impulse there is NO WAY ANYONE is going to get out of there that fast. Not even remotely possible. Any Carrier or Cruiser will forever be doomed and even the fastest most nimble Jem'Hadar Attack Ship would be insanely lucky to reach the exit unless they started running before the core blew and just left their team to die.

So I have to say Cryptic... The idea is not bad and the look of the place is alright but wow... It needs some notable adjustments and some smoothing of its edges. I know this is just the initial release and so it should be expected that it is rough right now but please do take a good long look at it and if there is any way to help the massive lag (maybe force a shorter draw distance? Something?) that would be nice.

Also... Starfox in STO... Yeah... That is TOTALLY what that mission is with the caveat that Starfox is actually FUN to play.
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Give the server a day or two to absorb the player load, and then try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lag aside, I've gotten out of ship before it blew in a Excelsior cruiser on Tribble, so if can be done. The trick is to never backtrack. In the final room there are two doors. One is closed and the one you came in from. The other is on the opposite side of the room, should be open, and leads you back to the first hanger where you closed all the hanger doors. Blitz through there and hang a right and your out. I made it in 30 seconds I think.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    Lag aside, I've gotten out of ship before it blew in a Excelsior cruiser on Tribble, so if can be done. The trick is to never backtrack. In the final room there are two doors. One is closed and the one you came in from. The other is on the opposite side of the room, should be open, and leads you back to the first hanger where you closed all the hanger doors. Blitz through there and hang a right and your out. I made it in 30 seconds I think.

Must be another bug because there were no open doors besides the one I came in from.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it's the best mission they ever put, and fun as hell, once you know where to go
    GwaoHAD.png