test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Odyssey uniform colors???

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Ive been trying to find "official canon" colors for these uniforms from everywhere and problem is that when i think i found one the words "I like this color" or "I use it like this" or "My crew has it like this" and so on appear.

This is problematic.

How can anyone consider his or her choice of color's be the officials? I usually use STO wiki as reference to uniform colors but this seems to be missing from there.

Starfeet dresscode division, please advise?

This one i found looks legitimate

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=836281

But it is missing tactical/security colors. Not all tactical can be command, i would go with red... But then it is my choice. What to use for tactical/security?
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »
    Ive been trying to find "official canon" colors for these uniforms from everywhere and problem is that when i think i found one the words "I like this color" or "I use it like this" or "My crew has it like this" and so on appear.

This is problematic.

How can anyone consider his or her choice of color's be the officials? I usually use STO wiki as reference to uniform colors but this seems to be missing from there.

Starfeet dresscode division, please advise?

This one i found looks legitimate

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=836281

But it is missing tactical/security colors. Not all tactical can be command, i would go with red... But then it is my choice. What to use for tactical/security?

That matches the original publicity screenshots of the costume.

The other popular variant is the one worn by the Vulcan female on the front page of STO for a long time.

That one had the same shade of dark grey for the uniform but uses gold pips and badge, black stripe, white trim, and the yoke as department colors. With a C-Store Jupiter pack belt, matched as close as possible to the pips and badge.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I use the one shown on the official Season 8 promo pic (worn by handsome phaser guy) as a "field jacket" variant of my duty uniforms (AGT tunics).

Tactical officers, canonically, aren't defined really. I would place them in command colours personally. This is supported ba Lt. Cmdr. Shelby of Starfleet Tactical, as well as "helm" being a kind of tactical position and Worf wore red as DS9s tactical officer as well. Memory Apha states that "Tactical" officers fall in both, command and operations alike.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, it is good to know that those colors in the guide are "official" as it is.

Cryptic could do a small favot though. If it is as some people speculate thatthey are trying to make Odyssey set STO canon, they should also change NPC outfits match accordingly so that academy has one set for instructors and cadets and as Odyssey matches that in way that original canon uniforms matched academy uniforms be the outfit for all the others in correct variants.

Most notably Enterprise crew should use the "Official" outfits as they should be the one shining example for rest of the Starfleet :)

I took another aproach, got academy outfits and started running academy field ship for science studies having instructors and cadets onboard (:
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the white top one from the promo video or the DS9/VOY type variant (the one in my avatar; also worn by the revealing Vulcan that used to grace our home page) are the 'official' versions.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think that Cryptic should just go ahead and make the Odyssey uniform the STO canon for Starfleet, maybe for 2410, since there were some comments recently about the potential for the year of the game to advance.

In terms of canon colour schemes, I just set my main character to use the uniform in the Season 8 preview loading screen. It you select the default Sierra 1 uniform in the costume editor, and then manually change all the costume parts to the Odyssey without changing the actual colours, you get a pretty much exact replica of what Handsome Phaser Guy is wearing in that screen with Bat'leth Klingon and Wary Romulan standing under the Voth ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I use the one shown on the official Season 8 promo pic (worn by handsome phaser guy) as a "field jacket" variant of my duty uniforms (AGT tunics).

Tactical officers, canonically, aren't defined really. I would place them in command colours personally. This is supported ba Lt. Cmdr. Shelby of Starfleet Tactical, as well as "helm" being a kind of tactical position and Worf wore red as DS9s tactical officer as well. Memory Apha states that "Tactical" officers fall in both, command and operations alike.

I will also be using the S8 promo image as my guide for coloring the uniforms. That's the most current example we have.