test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fan Art - Putting You Into The Game

drysonbdrysonb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Ten Forward
I think that it would be awesome if submitted fan art was used in the game. For example a fan submits a photon of a sculpture or painting that they have done where it then gets added to the game.

Another player seeing the picture or sculpture clicks on the artwork where a description of the authors name is displayed along with information about how the subscriber is able to purchase a print or an actual sculpture that they have seen.

Fan artwork could also be used for in game missions where the player is sent on the mission to retrieve the stolen goods.
Post edited by drysonb on

Comments

• catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That would be perfect for Captains Table, there are a lot of fiction writers for sto out there, myself included. As well as players who take the time to make foundry missions, there should be something added for them too.

I have another idea to play off of this as well, why not have one of the plaques you inspect at Star Fleet Academy have a list of the @ names of players whose missions where spotlighted, it could be located near the information desk or the club/bar. The fiction writers could have their own panel in the holodeck. Not many realize the work players have also put into expanding the game too!

As for art work, the holodeck would also be perfect for showing off submitted and approved works, once the list of works comes up, or for a searched name, you can choose the pic or object and it will appear in the center of the holodeck to inspect, they should add this to you fleets starbase too, great idea!

...maybe a statue of Zephrum Caitian, "looking up at the stars...sort of reaching out to the future..." :3