test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subspace Field Modulator is a suicide button in Season 8!!!

2»

Comments

• johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    They haven't changed that device since it first came out and it was always intended to make you really, really vulnerable to proton damage the same way that Devidians are.

The only difference is that now they have enemies that do proton damage. So don't use that device when you're fighting somebody who might do proton damage...

Working as designed, I say.

Plenty of other panic buttons available in-game, so people can use one of those.

Why nerf it just because you proton now , it's been same for so long why not nerf plasmonic leach or red matter capacitor or scorpion fighters they have all been the same for so long but now ..... You want it reduced in dmg why ? It isn't even important enough to change the full dynamics on it since I got it for its sole purpose resistance and for future I also got it for proton enemy's so if it gets changed why the heck did I and so many others in game get it ? For it to be changed . Ahh no !! Many I am not a complainer of hey this needs fixed before implemented before what ? Tribble proton things before rest of us even know why you need it reduced . Why not increase proton dmg huh lmao. Whiners are ....
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    johndroid wrote: »
    Why nerf it just because you proton now , it's been same for so long why not nerf plasmonic leach or red matter capacitor or scorpion fighters they have all been the same for so long but now ..... You want it reduced in dmg why ? It isn't even important enough to change the full dynamics on it since I got it for its sole purpose resistance and for future I also got it for proton enemy's so if it gets changed why the heck did I and so many others in game get it ? For it to be changed . Ahh no !! Many I am not a complainer of hey this needs fixed before implemented before what ? Tribble proton things before rest of us even know why you need it reduced . Why not increase proton dmg huh lmao. Whiners are ....

how is it a nerf when they finally introduce the energy type that this thing was weak to when they were PLANNING on releasing enemies with said energy type back when they Originally created it.

dont call something a NERF unless it actually changes THE STATS OF THE ITEM. the Subspace modulators stats have been the same since day 1 of its release. it has always been -400 proton damage while its in effect. It's just that no one paid that any attention since no enemies ever did PROTON damage.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, nothing's been changed. The device was implemented with a well-publicized and documented built-in weakness, that has never been relevant until now.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to simply not use the darned thing when you're fighting Voth. It'll still be useful in other situations.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.