test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Individual Enemy NPCs

blackrewblackrew Member Posts: 32 Arc User
I really wish there was an option to add enemy's not aren't in groups.
Like if you only wanted one ship to battle.
Post edited by blackrew on

Comments

• adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    for single ships use battleships or cruiser mobs

but they might spawn more than one if you run the mission as a team
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you can hide the rest of the actors by dragging them far away. If you want to use it as an objective (so all of them have to die) have a bunch of friendly npcs (or at least not friendly to the objective npc group) kill the rest for you.

Remember the "pin" has to be near the player or they won't spawn
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    you can hide the rest of the actors by dragging them far away. If you want to use it as an objective (so all of them have to die) have a bunch of friendly npcs (or at least not friendly to the objective npc group) kill the rest for you.

Remember the "pin" has to be near the player or they won't spawn

Yeah, shove them away, and wall them off to make sure they don't come back. In space the best way to do the latter is to have the nonessential mobs spawn inside a planet or something.

djf021's "The Bajoran" does a variation on this. In order to get Cardassian soldiers led by a changeling, instead of simply reskinning the Jem'Hadar, he hid everybody but the changeling, and spawned a separate group of Cardies and tied the kill objective to them instead.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • blackrewblackrew Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks. :)
    I'll use this method.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    Yeah, shove them away, and wall them off to make sure they don't come back. In space the best way to do the latter is to have the nonessential mobs spawn inside a planet or something.

Alas, this doesn't always work as intended. I tried it once and the mobs still fired at me from inside the planet, as though the fire was coming from the planet's surface.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Alas, this doesn't always work as intended. I tried it once and the mobs still fired at me from inside the planet, as though the fire was coming from the planet's surface.

True. Works better if the planet is far enough from where the battle is that it's unlikely the player will range that far. Invisible walls are better but more time-consuming to build.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Looks fun, like planetary defenses :D Could be used as a "don't get close to the planet, or you will be shot" thingy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]