test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Abandoned Fleet Please Help!?!

klingonwerewolfklingonwerewolf Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
I'm not sure where a thread like this one should go and I'm relatively new to the game though not completely ignorant of much of its mechanics (I have a level 50 Klingon toon, a rookie Fed, and a rookie Romulan and am a paying player to the extent that I have often bought Zen.) so please bare with me and thanks before hand.

I have an issue that's a little unusual to say the least. My Fed toon was invited into a fleet that consisted of four or so Lv 50+ toons, is impressively complete up to all of the fourth and part of the fifth tiers, and has a large amount of Mk XI and even Mk XII equipment stored in its bank. I was of course thinking this was great to be in such a small fleet that has such an amazing set up. No doubt that anyone would but then things got weird. I came back online yesterday to check up on my toon and clicked on my fleet to check out the roster and see if anyone was on. Imagine my shock when I saw that everyone else was gone. I don't appear to be able to make any changes or control any aspects concerning this unfortunate fleet I inherited through abandonment. I don't want to abandon it myself because I believe it to be a waste. I mean it IS already fully stocked and has so much already unlocked. I was hoping that there might be some way, since I am the only one who seems to care about this orphaned fleet, that I can be granted control over it so that I can at least try to continue it instead of it just ending up as another junk fleet taking up needed server space.

Please keep in mind that I've never created my own fleet and haven't found enough references on this sort of situation to explain much other than to say that I am the only person on its roster (I joined and the next day I was the only member of its roster.) and I don't seem to be able to start or end events, change permissions and settings, alter fleet costumes, or anything else that suggests that I have any sort of fleet administrative abilities. If someone can help me I would be eternally grateful. I really don't want to abandon it because others apparently spent a lot of time and effort on it but for some reason felt like they no longer wanted or needed it. I don't know why they abandoned it and I'm not even curious. Currently I'm all it has keeping it from the totally memberless graveyard of forgotten and lost fleets. Ironically enough the orphaned fleet's name that I'm hoping to adopt includes the words Fractured Core. It's like it has a broken heart or something or maybe that's just my own sense of the situation and partially how I feel about it. Understand that I've played numerous games in the past that had guild systems and have had tons of guilds of my own but I have never encountered a situation of this nature and I'm stumped on what to do. I REALLY REALLY don't want to abandon it like everyone else did but I know that I need to have the ability to make changes to it if it is to be saved. In other games I've played, normally when people abandon a guild/fleet the administrative control of it passes to the only member left but this doesn't seem to be the case. Please help!
Post edited by klingonwerewolf on

Comments

• Options
    mrtsheadmrtshead Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At the risk of sounding dense - when you say you are the only person on the roster, was that the roster of people online at the time, or did you check the box that says "Show Offline" as well?

If you are the only person period, then you should be able to claim leadership of the fleet, which would allow you to set permissions, etc., as well as invite new members, so I would suggest simply running with it.

I suspect, though, that it was just a slow time for your fleet, and that everyone else was simply offline.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As has been said if you are the very last person there you can claim leadership and take it over to build it up, if it comes down to it you could just try and sell the fleet if its a decent level, its sad that so many fleets have become ghost towns.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Honestly, if you look at your Fleet Roster; and click the 'Show Offline Members' and it still only shows you, I believe you will be auto-promoted to Fleet Leader in 180 days (6 months or so). if used to be 30 days, but that was considered too short, and caused some major headaches (And claims of Fleets being 'Stolen'.)

You can always try and submit a GM ticket; but generally Cryptic doesn't involve itself in any 'Fleet Politics'. The fact your Fleet Leader and everyone else but you decided to quit the Fleet (if that's what they did), isn't a bug - and the system that's in place for recovery is in process.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I suggest becoming the leader of the fleet and using the fleet bank space for your own use. Have all your other characters join a fleet you feel most comfortable with. If you want the main character that is attached to that fleet to join another, assign one of your less used characters to lead the current fleet you are in and have your current character join another fleet. Hope that helps. Good luck. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Honestly, if you look at your Fleet Roster; and click the 'Show Offline Members' and it still only shows you, I believe you will be auto-promoted to Fleet Leader in 180 days (6 months or so). if used to be 30 days, but that was considered too short, and caused some major headaches (And claims of Fleets being 'Stolen'.)

It is still 30 days. I took control of a fleet last month and the previous leader had onlt been gone for 30, not 180 days.

I think the 180 days thing was a mistake in the patch notes, because the dev blog regarding it still said 30 and in game it's still 30.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yes I checked the box to show offline members and I'm positive that I'm all that's left. Thanks for letting me know I was worried that it would just end up with me having to leave it to the scrap heap. And yeah as I mentioned it's a high level fleet with nearly all tiers completed and a vault full of Mk XI and Mk XII items.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, if you're the only one left there's another option. Sell it.

If you assume leadership and don't want the fleet, sell it to someone who does. There are people who buy fleets or are looking to buy fleets with progress already made for tons of EC or w/e. Especially if you have a T4/5 fleet like you say, that's going to sell for a LOT. It's possible that you just inherited a gold mine that will solve all of your STO financial problems for quite some time. Assuming you don't want to keep it, of course.

Although I'd empty the bank out and sell everything off first. Pocket that stuff and let the new owners have a nice empty bank.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes I checked the box to show offline members and I'm positive that I'm all that's left. Thanks for letting me know I was worried that it would just end up with me having to leave it to the scrap heap. And yeah as I mentioned it's a high level fleet with nearly all tiers completed and a vault full of Mk XI and Mk XII items.

This really does sound weird. Anyway, gratz on your new fleet. What's the name, btw?

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Wow! By the sound of it you just won the STO jackpot.:D

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    This really does sound weird. Anyway, gratz on your new fleet. What's the name, btw?

Thanks. I'll have to get back on to be able to check on the exact name but I remember it includes the words Fractured Core. I have very limited internet at the moment so I can only access the game between 11:30pm to 3:30am and currently I have too much on my mind to remember exact details but I'll check it out and let you know.

I honestly had no idea that people were buying fleets though I don't think I'll want to sell it any time soon unless I was sure the new owner wasn't going to abandon it like the one before me. I don't know I guess this experience has left me with somewhat of an emotional attachment. lol Weird indeed.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, it's your fleet now. You killed it, you get to keep it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Keep it. Rebuild it. Bring new blood into it. Just make sure you know what you're doing.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    High tier KDF fleets are a rarity compared to Fed ones. Enjoy your supply of provisions and shop around other people's bases if you have access to buy.
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As others have said, if you clicked the <Show offline members> button, and your name is still the only one on the list, tag, you're it. You should be able to gain leadership of the fleet, to dispose of it as you will, whether to keep it, sell it off, etc etc.
    If you decide to keep it, and invite new people in, just be wary of who you get in, to make sure they don't rob your bank blind, or set them with permission to kick everyone, as then, they could kick you out.

Good luck on your new 1-man fleet, and hope things go whichever way, with it, that you're desiring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Come to think of it, this sounds a lot like how I became the leader of my kdf fleet. I was at the 4th rank within the fleet and one day all the people above that rank just suddenly vanished from the roster. 30 days later I was leader. Wasn't as advanced a fleet as the op's one unfortunately. :(

Never did find out what happened to the former leadership.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy