test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPCs disapearing

blackrewblackrew Member Posts: 32 Arc User
In my mission, there's supposed to be a space battle with the Federation against the Empire, but after a few seconds of fighting one side disappears.

Is there a way to fix this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is this happening to you in map preview mode? If so, it is a known issue unfortunately. You can see more about the issue in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=893911
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This bug is so well-known it's actually gotten a name: the (0,0,0) Bug, coined by Markhawkman after the position the mobs will reappear at. Crypticfrost, one of the folks from Cryptic, says it's been assigned to a programmer but they don't know when a fix will be out.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    This bug is so well-known it's actually gotten a name: the (0,0,0) Bug, coined by Markhawkman after the position the mobs will reappear at. Crypticfrost, one of the folks from Cryptic, says it's been assigned to a programmer but they don't know when a fix will be out.

Well then they need to fire that programmer, lol. Where I work, if someone is given a task and can't tell their boss when it is scheduled to be completed, that person is thrown out the organisation.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    casbyness wrote: »
    Well then they need to fire that programmer, lol. Where I work, if someone is given a task and can't tell their boss when it is scheduled to be completed, that person is thrown out the organisation.

It's because it's not on the schedule yet. Also its not always possible to guess how long it will take to fix a bug. Just figuring out why it's happening could take minutes or days.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you also have to consider the QA to make sure it doesn't seriously break something else, and finding a build to fit it into for release, plus making sure it works with the other aspects of that build. If you're programming anything this complex, you don't just throw a few lines of code into a patch file and release it to the live server.
This discussion has been closed.