test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Sphere, Poor FPS on the Ground ?

aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
Ok so recently I got on to Tribble to test out the new content and all seemed well FPS wise, until I went to the ground battle zone area of the Dyson Sphere.

Is anyone else getting poor FPS in that area ? I'm averaging like 22-27ish FPS throughout the ground zone, but in the other zones where your in your ship I an getting about 40+ to 60ish FPS.

So what's with the ground area ? Changing settings doesn't seem to effect the performance at all. Even changing my resolution had no effect on performance ? Bad programing maybe ?
Post edited by aureleus on

Comments

• suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Many players are experiencing the same issue and Cryptic is supposedly working on a resolution.
    Known Issues:
    Some people will experience framrate drops in the Battlezone.

And yeah, I'm on the same boat. The Battlezone is unplayable for me because of this.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Many players are experiencing the same issue and Cryptic is supposedly working on a resolution.

And yeah, I'm on the same boat. The Battlezone is unplayable for me because of this.

Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue :) An that they are working to address the issue :).
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure they are working to address it. Until they do if you put the graphic settings on simple and drop it 1 setting toward speed instead of quality most of your problems should go away.

It seems that some of the higher res graphics are causing the problem, either from too many being on the screen at once or them being too large.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They seem to have fixed it. The Battlezone seems to run fine at the moment.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    We've been working on improving the performance in the Battlezone for the past few days. Should be even better in the next patch.

Edit: This is kind of always how it goes. It's a nice idea that we'd just make things that all perform well, but usually we are just trying to get something working first, then we go back and clean it up, and make it perform better.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It used to be horrific, when you turn the area would disappear, a few crashes.
    It has become substantially better in the last couple of weeks. I would have to drop down to low video setting to play, but now I can crank it back up to full and have fairly good performance. To be honest it runs better for me than Romulus ground does. I still have not been in a game with a full complement of people and that needs to happen to really test it. I know branflakes had the Q&A social or whatever it was. I wish I could have been there to see how the load was since I know there were full instances.
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We've been working on improving the performance in the Battlezone for the past few days. Should be even better in the next patch.

Edit: This is kind of always how it goes. It's a nice idea that we'd just make things that all perform well, but usually we are just trying to get something working first, then we go back and clean it up, and make it perform better.

Why do all that work coding, just buy everyone a new computer!
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]