test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If knockback and Biochemist are fixed...

buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvP Gameplay
What are the biggest problems with ground PvP balance? It should be a whole lot better after these patches go live.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We also have this fix from Tribble
    Unequipping any kit will now instantly expire any buffs or debuffs granted by any power in that kit.

But still doesn't fix Kit Swtiching. The problem it's that players switch kits to have fresh cooldowns in their powers, not for stacking (Nanite Monitor being an exception). I don't know what the team thinks about this, it's a valid tactic or it's not intended?. Players unaware of this are in a major disadvantage

And what about the massive advantage that the Caitians have, super jump + trait with dodge + knockback attack, no other species have access to that.

Or the "recent" Cryo Immobilizer Module, a disable with no immunity, a full team can spam it with the Omega gun and you can't do nothing about it.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    Hmmm I think I may have misjudged that cryo passive, will have to grab it for my PvE only ground characters. Thanks =)

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There are still a few more, Cryo Immobilizer Module and knockback are the worst, but both are getting fixed. I'll update the concerns directory thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12638361&postcount=1
    bpharma wrote: »
    Hmmm I think I may have misjudged that cryo passive, will have to grab it for my PvE only ground characters. Thanks =)

Emergency Fix is actually better for PvE. Players use the Cryo passive in PvP because players cannot clear it and it completely disables them. For NPCs it doesn't matter, they can't resist other control effects anyway nor clear other control effects like a player is capable of doing.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,157 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I say we put the Catain pounce and double jump into the new lockbox traits. :P
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
    edited October 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »

-Shoots Sutherland with a stun pistol for even suggesting such a thing.-
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    Ok thanks for the advise =)

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited October 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »

Laugh about it but it will make the game more balanced :D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But still doesn't fix Kit Swtiching. The problem it's that players switch kits to have fresh cooldowns in their powers, not for stacking (Nanite Monitor being an exception). I don't know what the team thinks about this, it's a valid tactic or it's not intended?. Players unaware of this are in a major disadvantage

And what about the massive advantage that the Caitians have, super jump + trait with dodge + knockback attack, no other species have access to that.

Or the "recent" Cryo Immobilizer Module, a disable with no immunity, a full team can spam it with the Omega gun and you can't do nothing about it.[/QUOTE]

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11425501&postcount=43

Hawk already commented on kit -swapping awhile back and the fix on Tribble is a step in the right direction.

Cats cost zen for a reason. While there is an advantage I don't feel it's an overwhelmingly game breaking one. You can still build a very competitive character without it being a cat and once knock back is fixed pounce may not always knock back like it seems to now.

Cryo immobilizer is ignoring resists and hold breakers which I'm told it's not supposed to be doing, so that problem will go away also.

All in all some very positive steps forward are coming and it's really nice to see. :)

Aside of that, CD reduction via kit swap will still be an issue as well as doff buff stacking. Nanite health monitor still gets it's charges eaten up by FOMM and actually by the biochemist debuff also, so there's that. Who knows tho, these could be things that will be addressed with S8. It's just great to see it's being paid attention to.
    edited October 2013
    Well, excuse me ladies but i have to say it, about ******n time!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited October 2013
    From tribble patch notes:

Melee Weapons
    Resolved an issue that was causing all Exploit-capable melee attacks to deal Unresistable Knockback on every attack.
    The knockback from melee Exploit attacks now correctly only occurs when the target is Exposed.
    The knockback from melee Exploit attacks now correctly can be resisted and respects immunities to knockback.

There it is. Thanks Hawk for the quick turnaround! :P
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    The heck is kit switching? If it's a valid tactic, I wanna know how to do it too.

It's pretty self explanatory but i'm not going to explain the whole process since it has been said that it's not intended by the devs and hopefully it will be getting a fix soon.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11425501&postcount=43
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited November 2013
    The heck is kit switching? If it's a valid tactic, I wanna know how to do it too.

Kit switching is an exploit used by select individuals that will remain nameless due to forum rules. If you PvP on the ground long enough, you will pick up on who does and does not kit swap. What you do is you burn a large number of long cooldown abilities before swapping out that kit for an identical version of that kit for a free cooldown reset.

It's basically like having two bridge officers with the same bridge officer abilities. You use those abilities on copy 1 of a bridge officer, but then they are on cooldown. Thus, you quickly switch bridge officers, resetting the cooldown to 0. Meanwhile your cooldown on bridge officer copy 1 starts ticking down to 0. This used to be the case in space, but Cryptic patched this problem. Switching bridge officers doesn't change the active cooldowns, and cooldowns don't tick down on bridge officers that aren't slotted on your ship stations.

Cryptic fixed this problem in space, I suspect they can fix the problem on the ground in a similar fashion.
    edited November 2013
    Le sigh...

/10char.

Le sigh indeed. Unlike space though, the number of issues is rather small. Once Cryptic kills the existing problems, it should be fairly easy to keep Cryptic apprised as new ones pop up, unless they do a massive Ground revamp.
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Problems that pop up, like adding a whole new set of weapons with no resistance on existing armor types that can be chained together with the Pattern Enhancer for an additional 100% resistance debuff? I'm going to be popping back into STO for Season 8 to try out the new missions, but I don't see anything that makes me want to come back to pvp.
    edited November 2013
    Bort already said over in tribble forums somewhere that all energy damage resistance on existing armor already includes proton and testing on tribble confirms it. If anything the new energy type will be useless altogether once everyone has Dyson armor as it adds a sizable amount of proton dmg res on top if it's regular energy dmg res.

Edit: couldn't find his post but someone else quoted it in a thread raising the same concern.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13152601&postcount=2

As far as shields go, the elite ground shields from the Starbase adapt to it like any other energy type. Don't forget proton dmg has been in game for awhile. Synchronic Proton Distortion Rifle has a primary shot that is Antiproton and a secondary that is proton.