What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ideas for Super carriers.

2»

Comments

• atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stonewbie wrote: »
    It isnt just about the players PC or ISP being able to handle it or the server being able to handle it. Can the game engine handle it?

I built a PC about a two weeks after guild wars 2 came out. 3.9ghz quad core, Sandisk SSD, Team Vulcan 16gb ram, and a 4gb MSI 680gtx. But even with all that a certain cave in guild wars 2 would lag me out. It's been a long time but IIRC the devs admitted that GW2 wasnt optimized for GEFORCE cards, some players even did some benchmark tests confirming this (said that the game was too CPU intensive instead of graphics card intensive).

The same PC plays STO on ultra with shadows off, but in space STF if there is a lot of scrolling text, torpedos going off all at once i get some minor lag. I went to post something in the graphics issues subforum to find out that other people with high end PCs are experiencing similar things. There was talk that it was a UI and scripting related issue...go to post #51 on the link below.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=702821&page=6

That's why I turned off all text. The only time it'll appear is when I move my mouse over it. OH, I did leave the text for my target's damage still on. That helped me relieve the lag I was having. I know it wasn't my wifi model because on the other MMO's I play I have no problems.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.