test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In case of DOOM: what has STO actually contributed to STAR TREK?

2»

Comments

• captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It'll prove that John Van Citters doesn't want another Million Dollar Paycheck because he didn't allow a Teir 5 Constitution Retrofit in the C-Store.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I will remember the excitement and the passion of STO's first year (by players and Devs alike) , the lies (from the Devs) and the depression of the fans from the second year , and the stifling sub-mediocrity that some fans still cheer that came in the 3rd year , that ultimately lead to a very cynical fandom .

I will also remember the 'adventure' of leveling my first toon (took me about 4-6 months) due to at times just randomly flying about for no reason other then it was fun at the time .
    Plus the fun that old STF team play allowed for (bio breaks , dragging along bad players and all) .

I will also remember the saturday's that new episodes of a FE were released and the excitement (and the anger of spoilers) that brought about .

And I will remember how much I loved my ships , and how much it tore at me to want to switch ships -- as it felt like I was being 'disloyal' to another ship and our shared history .
    (this was before I decided to level a toon for each ship I wanted to fly , which in turn cost me the emotional attachment I had to my toons)

---

OTOTH there are thing's that I'd rather forget ... and the faster the better .
    Things such as :

Finding the perfect group to fit in with (not an easy task for me) , just to see them become disillusioned and give up sooner or later . Many said that this game had 'potential' . No one says that anymore .

Seeing the Devs give next to zero attention to PVP , but at the same time mining the PVP crowd for endless info on their own damn game .

Promises , promises and more promises .

A lack of understanding by the Devs of why ppl play the content that they do and why they love it .
    ("we're making 'STF like' missions , 1 or 2 FE's a year , Foundry update is coming 'soon' and PVP... lol , what's that ?)

The constant Dev race for the "new thang" at the cost of finishing the old , debugging the old , continuing the old .

The jaded rot that we've come to that begins with a new 'adventure zone' and ends with an new reputation .

The CDF and the Goon squad .
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And I will remember how much I loved my ships , and how much it tore at me to want to switch ships -- as it felt like I was being 'disloyal' to another ship and our shared history .
    (this was before I decided to level a toon for each ship I wanted to fly , which in turn cost me the emotional attachment I had to my toons)

I thought I was the only person in the game to experience that. I'm definately going to add that to my memories, now that you mention it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg