test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interial dampers - respec, none some or lots?

ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
edited October 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Doing a respec to an engineer in a Rademaker and wonder if I should bother investing in the Inertial Dampers skill, previously in a Luna with only the 16 points from a Borg thing the only big issue I had was getting pushed by tractor repulsers that were probably well specced in pvp, in PVE it had been no issue at all.

I can polarize hull, nadiion and evasive to get out of a tractor beam.
Post edited by ovinspace on

Comments

• Options
    renimaltrenimalt Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    9 ranks (99 points) in Inertial Dampeners should approximately halve the push that you receive from TBR. It'll also help you resist the pull effects of Grav Well. However, you're still going to be pushed around by TBR quite a bit even if you do spec into inertial dampeners; I have >99 points in it, and a sci ship using TBR can still push me a little bit away from my teammates.

Inertial Dampeners is also good because it lowers the duration of stun effects (e.g. PSW); 99 points in ID will halve the duration of stuns applied on you. Personally, I find this effect more useful than the push/pull resistance; regaining control of your ship a few seconds earlier often makes the difference when you're being hit with a decloak alpha, or a PSW + SNB + alpha combo.

Hope that helps you make your decision.
    Resist viewer! See shield/hull resists! Read about it here!
  • Options
    g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For a more comprehensive guide use this guide here for skill point respec
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Rademaker Vesta, Aventine - actually I just checked and mine is the Aventine, the differences are the special console and a console slot.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    That spreadsheet is great.

Also wondering if an Efficient Boff trumps Warp core efficiency enough to just ignore WCE and get a liberated borg in the future, shield emitters and hull repair apply to so many skills
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    If you want to know more about power levels and specifically the end result on power check out havelocks guide: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=532731

If you grab the spreadsheet you can start adjusting things to find the right balance between skill points and boffs. Though I will say that humans with the subsystem repair are extremely good also.

Disclaimer: messing around with the spreadsheet can eat away at your time as you adjust bits here and there.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    leg999leg999 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    surprise !!!see my photo
    buy gold here[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]