test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dual Beam Banks

asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
I would be interested in how many people don't like how the current dual beam banks look. I would like them more, if there would be 2 narrow beams fired from one point. for example: if you have a galaxy class ship, dual beams fire from right / left side of the saucer section. that looks just not very good.

in general: dual beam bank hard points are very off.

thanks for concideration.
greets
Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
Post edited by asches1 on

Comments

• Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What you want is the retro blue phasers that come on the C-Store Connie.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    no. i would like all dual beam banks to have 2 narrow beams. yes, all dual beams should look like the retro blue phasers (thought the retro phasers aren't dual beam banks).
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    What you want is the retro blue phasers that come on the C-Store Connie.

you can also get the retro blues from the missions "everything old is new" i think thats the one :confused:
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd like every dual beam bank to fire 2 narrow beams from the same weapon hardpoints on a ship model as beam arrays.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2013
    Yes, the current gfx for the dual beam banks is way suboptimal.
    Much more elegant and refined would be to utilize the look of the retro phasers, with its 2 parallel running beams.
    And less clutter on the screen as well while still be able to be seen as coming from a dual bank.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I use them mostly on my KDF ship and Romulan. I like how they fire now. As it seems to look better.

However like the op said. They are called dual for a reason. So technically they should be close to together.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    farmallm wrote: »
    I use them mostly on my KDF ship and Romulan. I like how they fire now. As it seems to look better.

However like the op said. They are called dual for a reason. So technically they should be close to together.

Not necessarily, considering a beam bank is a hard point much similar to a heavy cannon. Meaning they aren't a standard array and therefore could be mounted far apart from each other or as you all have asked yes close to one another. The dev's simply decided it seemed more appropriate to space them further apart giving you that spaced dual beam affect. As for me I can live with it because it doesn't look bad IMO, but when it comes to single cannon, turrets, and KCB they tend to fire from the middle of the ship which is kinda lame.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They are based in concept on the phasers the Reliant had mounted in the pylon/mission pod junction. I just which they'd give us those "pulse" phasers from TWoK.
  • Options
    arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    baudl wrote: »
    I'd like every dual beam bank to fire 2 narrow beams from the same weapon hardpoints on a ship model as beam arrays.

This. I'm fine with getting two phaser beams coming from points that are at least several meters apart but on Federation ships they should be firing from beam array hardpoints.

This would also prevent DBB's on some ships from "chopping" through the saucer, like they do on the Vesta when your target is above you. On the Vesta the DBB's fire from the same hardpoints as cannons, which are under the saucer.