test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground Engineering BOFF Displays as Science for FED Romulan captains

donperkdonperk Member Posts: 200 Arc User
I've seen people mention this and have now been able to confirm it, but I believe it has not yet been posted here.

If a Foundry dialog specifies that the "Engineering Officer (Away Team)" or "Engineering Officer (Ship)" costume should be displayed and the player is a Federation-Aligned Romulan, the BOFF displayed will be a Science BOFF. I know this sounds a bit crazy, but a number of us have observed this behavior and I have now confirmed it.

I have created the Federation mission ST-HU2BYMUJQ "ROMULAN BOFF ISSUE" to demonstrate this problem. The mission grantor and the pop-up dialog in the custom map are both specified to be costumed as the player's "Engineering Officer (Away Team)". The first should display an engineering officer from the player's default away team. The last should show one of the engineering officers that is actually in the players away team. The dialog in the mission goes on to show the remainder of the BOFF costume types, with the next being the "Engineering Officer (Ship)". Again, a Science BOFF is displayed for Romulan captains. The remainder of the BOFFs (Science and Tactical) are displayed correctly for all captains.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    donperk wrote: »
    I've seen people mention this and have now been able to confirm it, but I believe it has not yet been posted here.

If a Foundry dialog specifies that the "Engineering Officer (Away Team)" or "Engineering Officer (Ship)" costume should be displayed and the player is a Federation-Aligned Romulan, the BOFF displayed will be a Science BOFF. I know this sounds a bit crazy, but a number of us have observed this behavior and I have now confirmed it.

I have created the Federation mission ST-HU2BYMUJQ "ROMULAN BOFF ISSUE" to demonstrate this problem. The mission grantor and the pop-up dialog in the custom map are both specified to be costumed as the player's "Engineering Officer (Away Team)". The first should display an engineering officer from the player's default away team. The last should show one of the engineering officers that is actually in the players away team. The dialog in the mission goes on to show the remainder of the BOFF costume types, with the next being the "Engineering Officer (Ship)". Again, a Science BOFF is displayed for Romulan captains. The remainder of the BOFFs (Science and Tactical) are displayed correctly for all captains.

Thanks for your report. This is a known issue.
    STO QA Team
This discussion has been closed.