test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Modest requests for additions to the Foundry

I would greatly appreciate it if, in a future patch, the following could be added to the Foundry:
  • Drozana Station exterior as a Detail in the Maps section (or, alternately, the Drozana System space map)
  • Drozana Station interior map
  • Wells Bridge interior map

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by schreader1718 on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    I approve of this request.

Maybe we ought to make a thread listing the missing maps, like we did for costumes.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

Maybe we ought to make a thread listing the missing maps, like we did for costumes.

make it so.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

thay8472 wrote: »
    make it so.

Engage! ...
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    Thread made http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=892481

Need your help making sure it's complete.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • schreader1718schreader1718 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some other additions to the Foundry worth considering:
    • A timing function -- I got this idea from seeing the PvEs that have timed waves of enemy squadrons (e.g., no-win scenario). It would be good to have that option for Foundry, as well as a timing function that would place enemy ships in a given area for a specific period of time, then withdraw them once time was up.
    • Points-for-kills system -- Related to the above. I've been designing a simulation that involves a five-ship battle group taking on a series of ships. If I had all of the functionality at my disposal, it would involve the group taking on a wave of ships for a period of two minutes, with each kill counted as a set of points. At the end of the mission, which would involve multiple maps with the above scenario in play, the points would be added up and displayed to the group.
    • You die, you lose -- Almost self-explanatory. I would like to be able to design challenges that are meant to improve a player's ability to fight without being defeated constantly. This is sort of the converse of the situation in the no-win scenario. Immediately related to this would be a "Play Again" option that resets the mission to the beginning.
    • The ability to label ship costumes -- Self-explanatory, but I'll explain anyway. Currently (unless I am simply oblivious to how to do it), you cannot have the name or registry of a ship displayed on NPC or contact vessels in a Foundry mission. It would a nice addition to make it possible.
    • Away Team restriction/elimination -- The weekly episodes often allow the player to conduct the mission without the encumbrance of the Bridge Officer (BOff) away team, or with only one or two of the BOffs accompanying. It would be good to also have this option in the Foundry.

Thoughts? Comments?
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some other additions to the Foundry worth considering:
    • A timing function -- I got this idea from seeing the PvEs that have timed waves of enemy squadrons (e.g., no-win scenario). It would be good to have that option for Foundry, as well as a timing function that would place enemy ships in a given area for a specific period of time, then withdraw them once time was up.
    • Points-for-kills system -- Related to the above. I've been designing a simulation that involves a five-ship battle group taking on a series of ships. If I had all of the functionality at my disposal, it would involve the group taking on a wave of ships for a period of two minutes, with each kill counted as a set of points. At the end of the mission, which would involve multiple maps with the above scenario in play, the points would be added up and displayed to the group.
    • You die, you lose -- Almost self-explanatory. I would like to be able to design challenges that are meant to improve a player's ability to fight without being defeated constantly. This is sort of the converse of the situation in the no-win scenario. Immediately related to this would be a "Play Again" option that resets the mission to the beginning.
    • The ability to label ship costumes -- Self-explanatory, but I'll explain anyway. Currently (unless I am simply oblivious to how to do it), you cannot have the name or registry of a ship displayed on NPC or contact vessels in a Foundry mission. It would a nice addition to make it possible.
    • Away Team restriction/elimination -- The weekly episodes often allow the player to conduct the mission without the encumbrance of the Bridge Officer (BOff) away team, or with only one or two of the BOffs accompanying. It would be good to also have this option in the Foundry.

Thoughts? Comments?

Timers could obviously have a lot of uses (although I can think of a few exploiting pitfalls as well.)

The second one could actually be done now if we had timers. (It wouldn't translate over multiple maps as we don't have a way of conveying that information.)

The third would require them to add failure objectives which aren't currently in the Foundry. If we had that, what you want to do would be possible.

The fourth one would be nice, but isn't high priority as players rarely get close enough to a npc ship to read the registry.

Last one would definitely be nice, but they'd have to make additions to the npc group scaling to accommodate a team that is less than five.
  • donperkdonperk Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Depending on the ship costume, there are (non-default) values you can set so that the name of the ship does show up on Federation vessels in the name area. I've done this with an Intrepid-class vessel in my upcoming mission "A Bridge Too Far: Survival".

There currently does not appear to be a way to set the registry number in a similar fashion -- it will just show up as a sequence of repeating digits without a contract identifier.

EDIT: To enable the display of a Federation ship's name, change the value of the field "Ship_Fed_Idnamea" from "none" to "Ship_Fed_Idtexwords2". You will see the placeholder numbers for the name go from having a red border to no border. The ship will then display the name given to the map object when it is placed.

Setting any of the "ID Number" related fields seems to have no effect.