test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Several Races I want ingame

roguedemon3566roguedemon3566 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
OK, I know there are plenty of races to choose from, from Humans, Ferengi and Trill to Klingons, Romulans and Remans but the one thing I hate is the fact that some races I want to play you can't? And that their aren't that many for the Romulan Republic. So here is the list with possible choices for the factions:
Cardassions - KDF
Kazon - Romulan Republic
Ocampans - Starfleet
Malon - KDF
Telaxions - Starfleet
Post edited by roguedemon3566 on

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No no No Kazon for the Romulans... hell no...unless they are for Target practice I don't want to see those freaky hair, Bootleg, discount Klingons and one of the Worst Alien species ever in Star Trek near my Romulans. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    No no No Kazon for the Romulans... hell no...unless they are for Target practice I don't want to see those freaky hair, Bootleg, discount Klingons and one of the Worst Alien species ever in Star Trek near my Romulans. :D

Tell us how you really feel!

The Kazon get a bad rap, I think, especially when they're described as "discount Klingons." They tried to do something quite different with the Kazon in terms of their social structure, especially compared to Trek's typically monolithic approach to alien cultures. As they are a part of Trek history, I'd like to see them in-game in some form as we expand into the Delta Quadrant--just as I'd like to see the Ocampa, the Talaxians, the Malon, and others.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Actually they're alien cavemen/slaves who somehow managed to steal their opressor's ships. They'd get the "dumb-luck-supreme"-trait for sure.

"Oh. Voyager can make water out of thin air." <- right. I want some of what the writers were smoking when sitting on table for Voyager's pilot...

It's kinda miraculous how they manage warp-flight without deadly miscalculations.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why would Cardassians align specifically with the Klingons?
    [snip
    Love your signature. ;)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually they're alien cavemen/slaves who somehow managed to steal their opressor's ships. They'd get the "dumb-luck-supreme"-trait for sure.

It's kinda miraculous how they manage warp-flight without deadly miscalculations.

Um, you know that happened with Klingons as well, right?

OK, I know there are plenty of races to choose from, from Humans, Ferengi and Trill to Klingons, Romulans and Remans but the one thing I hate is the fact that some races I want to play you can't? And that their aren't that many for the Romulan Republic. So here is the list with possible choices for the factions:
    Cardassions - KDF
    Kazon - Romulan Republic
    Ocampans - Starfleet
    Malon - KDF
    Telaxions - Starfleet

Putting Cardassians with the KDF is illogical since they hate each other, and that they appear to be in the process of joining the Federation.

And keep the Delta Quadrant races in their area of space. Bad enough Cryptic is having every alien faction in the Galaxy being angry at the Federation for one reason or another. We don't need the Delta Quadrant to move to Earth. Be best if they stayed in their area of space as to keep their uniqueness.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013

You can do lots of stuff with the alien generator.
    Cardassions - KDF

Sure, the Cardassians luv the Klingons for wrecking their democracy. Cardassians would fit better in the Federation, but we will probably see them as their own Romulan Republic-style faction at some point.

Kazon - Romulan Republic

What does the Romulan Republic want with those cheap wannabe-villains from the far side of the Galaxy?
    Ocampans - Starfleet

They would die of old age as soon as they leave the Academy but okay, for all I care.
    Malon - KDF

Okay, I know the stereotype that Klingons don't like bathing exists, but they do love targ hunting and eating meat, something that needs a functioning ecosystem, not a bunch of morons littering radioactive antimatter waste everywhere.
    Telaxions - Starfleet

If you had not proposed Malons for KDF I would think you are a KDF spy.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My sides hurt .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Denobulans please! :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Add Choblik!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    * Goa'uld
    * Wraith
    * Asgard
    * Togruta
    * Rutian Twi'lek
    * Minbari
    * Narn
    * Centauri
    * Vorlon
    * Shadows
    * Daleks
    * Cybermen
    * Skrull
    * Silurian

.... :cool:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,846 Arc User
    edited October 2013

My thoughts exactly, nobody needs them and the last thing the Romulans need right now is the hillbilly feudin all over New Romulan space...
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cardassions - KDF
    The mention of this kinda makes me want mirror universe sub-factions.

I vote that the STO team hold a contest - Implement several new alien parts to the alien customization menu, then have the player community come up with contest entries for new alien characters(with or without the new parts). The winners I guess could be one for each of the three factions, and the new playable alien species could be available in captain, BOFF, and DOFF flavors and the new alien parts would then be renamed to reflect their applicable roles in the new species. The winning players would get free purple quality BOFFs or DOFFs from their respective winning entries.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013