test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alienware m17x keyboard

simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I own a Alienware m17x, one of the gaming laptops that with the colored keyboards. When I log into tribble something on the server or in game makes my keyboard start changing colors on its own with no input from me. I usually only play with the blue color active but when on tribble all zones change color on their own and a random colors.
320x240.jpg
Post edited by simeion1 on

Comments

• Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tribble usually screws with AlienFX - not sure why. But to 'fix it', right click on the Alienware AlienFX icon in your system tray and uncheck 'Enable 3rd Party AlienFX Access'. That will keep Star Trek Online or any other game from messing with your color assignments.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I will try this. Just wonder why it has never happened before season eight patch.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I have a very similar problem. I have an Alienware Aurora and the latest patch deactivates the lights on my keyboard and tower. Never had that problem before. I will try to disable them as someone else suggested.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Turned off third party enable and still have this issue, cryptic should look into this. It was already off and I cycled it.
    320x240.jpg