test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge Officer Trait Update

originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Romulan Operative is great.

Leadership is great.

Efficient is good.

When LoR was announced, the update to the trait system was mentioned to include an update to BOff traits, but no update to our lowly boffs happened.

I think that races that don't currently have space traits should get them, complete with different levels (like Romulan operative) in order to give me a reason not to use a crew of white 230 dilithium humans I bought on ESD.

Make Boff quality matter, and make choosing my BOffs be a part of building my ship.

This can also be a method of improving some game mechanics that can be a little lackluster in the current meta. Maybe Vulkans add a bonus to Starship particle generators, while Klingons add bonus projectile damage.
Post edited by originpi on

Comments

• captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have asked in other posts, including Ask Cryptic, for them to make BOFFs more useful in space. The BOFF powers are generic so it doesn't matter which ones you put at the bridge stations. The only BOFF exceptions are the ones who have leadership and efficiency.
  • originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Don't forget Romulan Operative, Subterfuge (those two are available to all factions) and Infiltrator (which AFAIK is RR only).

Update more races to have space traits, and update the current ones. Even adding Superior versiona of Leadership and Efficient would be a good start and revitalize the Boff options