test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Singularity Overload with Cannons

originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Has anyone tested Singularity Overload with DHCs and Turrets?

Based on tooltips and my own experience, it seems to do next to nothing to increase my dps. I notice an increase in DPS with CRF 1, but can't even see a chance with SO.
Post edited by originpi on

Comments

• syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's... lackluster, really.

Basically it'll fire your weapons like CRF, but without the damage bonus, and weapon power doesn't effect it either. I used to use it a lot (with a +20% critD Singularity core), but lately I've dropped it in favor of the Plasma shockwave.

The only thing, I will say, it is decent with is beam weapons (such as beam banks) when you've got 1 or two as it cycles through the shots quite quickly, but if you've got a full broadside of them you'll loose out as it'll go through all of them before starting over again*.

*Note, I've only experienced this when using 4 fore beam banks, so I'm going to risk it and assume it'll do the same with the rear arrays too.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've seen good results with it on my D'D that I setup for broadsiding. But I haven't done the number crunching required to figure out if all of my weapons are actually getting the bonus.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you're running high weapons power, you're going to be disappointed. As I understand it, Overcharge sets your effective weapons power to 100 for it's duration while simultaneously disabling power drain.

So if you're in a boat capable of sustaining higher than 100 weapons power during full weapons fire, you're not going to get a benefit.
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In other words, it's only useful for people who use Energy Weapons and don't know how to get Weapon Power to Energy Weapons. Just about the only time THAT occurs is if you've been DRAINED ... which doesn't happen all that often.
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow.. I wonder if this is a bug or is it really supposed to be that bad..
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2013
    If you look into the P wind power list the stated damage for the singularity overcharge is actually less then your full power running weapons ...

It is a junk power, plain and simple. not even a core with 20% crtd boost during overcharge can fix it.
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In other words, it's only useful for people who use Energy Weapons and don't know how to get Weapon Power to Energy Weapons. Just about the only time THAT occurs is if you've been DRAINED ... which doesn't happen all that often.

I know it's on a tac ship but it almost sounds like it's intended for use on cruisers and sci ships. If you don't have energy siphon or emergency power to weapons then your weapon power will often be in the toilet.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you look into the P wind power list the stated damage for the singularity overcharge is actually less then your full power running weapons ...

It is a junk power, plain and simple. not even a core with 20% crtd boost during overcharge can fix it.

It does tend to be nice for lots of beams or right after a big power draining shot or if someone is trying to power down your sub systems.

However, I have to generally agree that while it is somewhat good and handy it is not that great. With the specialized Cores it is slightly better but only for particular weapons. Of the Singularity powers it seems the best ones are Jump, Quantum Absorption, and Warp Shadows (for PVE).
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

It's actually really pretty nice on my Romulan sci/sci. Sadly, I don't really play that one anymore, between the B'rel and the Fed sci ship fleet my other sci's offer.