test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please add a "Select all" button to contribute Doffs

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
Buying doffs from your Starbase vendor and then assigning them to Starbase projects is EXTREMLY cumbersome. For example:

I have a Mission that needs 172 common Tac Doffs.
So I have to click once to select the vendor.
Then select the type of officer.
Then click to purchace said officer.
Then click "OK" to confirn purchase of said Officer.
That puts a box in my bank that I then have to double click on to open.
That pops up my Doff roster that I have to close.
Then I need to open the Starbase menu.
Then select what Holding I an working in.
Then select"Status"
Then select the project.
Then hit contribute.
Then I have another popup menu.
Then I have to click on the Doff officer I want to contribute.

If I need to select more than one I have to scroll down the list checking each box next to each Doff.

So the fastest way I have found is to rapid click the button to purchace the officer then with your other hand spam the enter key to confirm the purchase. Same process to open the boxes that they come in that are in your bank.
Then there is no easy way to contribute them to the Fleet project, You have to single click in each box next to them one at a time. Over and over and over.

SOLUTION: On the menu to Purchase the Doffs. add a slider to choose how many you need. Only being able to buy one at a time is (insert frownie face)

Once you have say 50 boxes of them in your bank have an "open all" button just like you currently have a "Discard All" button.

Then when you go to contribute the Doffs to the project you are wanting to add them to. Have it bring up the menu showing your available Doffs and then have a "Select All" button

With 3 Fleet holdings with 3 to 4 open projects on each. With most on a 20 hour cooldown and each asking for 100 to 170 or more Doffs each, thats sometimes over 1000 doffs we have to contribute every day.

We want to play the game not spend hours clicking boxes next to doffs to add them to Fleet projects. Most members of my fleet have the Credits to buy them, they just dont want to waist the time having to go through all that just to add 30 or 40 Doffs to a project.

This is someting simple and easy to fix cryptic and it would make many players very happy.
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• timothyre99timothyre99 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This actually seems to be a reasonable suggestion, I am surprised to find advice to cryptic on the forums that isn't "Give the Feds more ships or we will quit the game!!!! GIVE THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Open All might be a bit complicated for them given the limits on how many can be on your roster, however a slider to select how many we want to buy and a select all button on the donations should be extremely simple. Its been asked for and ignored before though, even though these simple changes would save us all allot of wasted time clicking boxes.

Personally I'd prefer they redo fleet projects like the new rep. Fleet projects would require marks, expertise, dilithium for those that require it now, and EC. No more commodities nonsense, no more doff nonsense, just let us put in the currencies and be done with it.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hold Ctrl when buying and it skips the Confirmation....but i would love to see an option to mass donate un used Doffs to the starbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You know, I agree with this on the surface. But perhaps it is *intentionally* unfriendly to mass donation. For most people it is hard to donate doffs because as soon as a project opens up needing, say, 50 Engineering doffs, it fills up in a few hours. Make it easier to donate doffs and you might never be able to donate at all, unless you're the guy assigning the projects.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • admiralaliceadmiralalice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    believe it or not I just came here to request a 'donate all' button as well, your ideas for mass purchase of doffs would be useful as well (my general solution is to hold down 'control' as I click the 'buy' button, it only takes one click to purchase at that point, much easier), and I simply go into the doff menu and click 'open' repeatedly to open all the boxes as fast as possible, but I STILL get bogged down donating, a select all or donate all button would VERYMUCH make life easier for me and my fleetmates
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You know, I agree with this on the surface. But perhaps it is *intentionally* unfriendly to mass donation. For most people it is hard to donate doffs because as soon as a project opens up needing, say, 50 Engineering doffs, it fills up in a few hours. Make it easier to donate doffs and you might never be able to donate at all, unless you're the guy assigning the projects.
    Then those people should be happy their stuff isn't needed and go sell their excess doffs for profit instead.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I think this is probably the reason it was done this way.

Then again, we can't get a 'select all' button in the mail, so maybe that's not a "feature" available in programming? :rolleyes:

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Then again, we can't get a 'select all' button in the mail, so maybe that's not a "feature" available in programming? :rolleyes:

More likely another case of something that will be completely ignored because it will not generate an immediate stream of revenue for Perfect World.

And if such a function were added, it'll probably be a reputation/fleet project requiring materials that must be purchased from the Zen store. :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Been asking for this for a while. So +1

Just a simple, check/uncheck all button is all thats needed.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I support this feature. Just the other night I had to feed over 300 doffs to the SB. It took forever.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
    edited November 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    <snip>

And if such a function were added, it'll probably be a reputation/fleet project requiring materials that must be purchased from the Zen store. :rolleyes:

Agreed - or a project requiring lobi crystals ;)

For the record, I didn't add my +1 before, so...

+1

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • bladepriestbladepriest Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wold love to see something like this added. I have literally spent hours donating to the mine, embassy and fleet and would love to be able to just say "here take what you need" and just be done with it. How this would be implemented is beyond me but I am in total favor of something being done to speed up the process.
  • deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PLEASE CRYPTIC PLEASE!!! My mouse button is dying! Seriously because of this and having to buy each fleet doff box by 1 is killing my mouse. Do a select all like is suggested, and if possible please allow us to buy fleet common doffs in mass!

That is all,
    DeusEmperor
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Actually no, originally you had to open up a window, donate one doff and then reopen it, it was ridiculous by tier 1.
    Later on people without any knowledge of how to gain Doffs complained endlessly that finding green, blue, purple doffs was impossible (lol) and they then made everything common.
    This brought on the doff generator imbalance issues, instead of donating 6 purple doffs, we are donating 170 commons. So again instead of fixing anything, we dumb it down again and make any generic profession donatible.
    Now we are at the mindless starbase doff grind, donating 350 doffs daily requiring several clicks for each one. Hitting the cancel by mistake is devastating to your own morale.

None of the system has been master planned, the original system heavily over estimated the resourcefulness of the average player, and its been patched up to borderline comatose levels since.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited November 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Actually no, originally you had to open up a window, donate one doff and then reopen it, it was ridiculous by tier 1.
    Later on people without any knowledge of how to gain Doffs complained endlessly that finding green, blue, purple doffs was impossible (lol) and they then made everything common.
    This brought on the doff generator imbalance issues, instead of donating 6 purple doffs, we are donating 170 commons. So again instead of fixing anything, we dumb it down again and make any generic profession donatible.
    Now we are at the mindless starbase doff grind, donating 350 doffs daily requiring several clicks for each one. Hitting the cancel by mistake is devastating to your own morale.

None of the system has been master planned, the original system heavily over estimated the resourcefulness of the average player, and its been patched up to borderline comatose levels since.

True - I remember all of that. And the ridiculous amounts of green, blue, and purple Astrometric DOffs I horded whenever I got one, because no one looked up what would be needed in the future. I was so happy - a few purple doffs, I could have supplied them all immediately when we got to that project. <sigh> Now it's just this endless grind to get commons.

Never thought I'd feel bummed that I got a blue on a regular recruitment cadre pack. lol

― Sereda Aleta Dailey