test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recycle Embassy / Mining Provisions for Fleet Credits

skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
The info states a value of 800 EC. So after finishing Mine the Provisions rewarded for "Critical Success" in the Doff Missions are meaningless. Also replicating Provisions and recycling them means a total lost. Getting 400 EC for spending 600 Fleet Credits is a bad conversion, when 1 Fleet Credits is 75 EC. Therefore it should give 400 Fleet Credits instead. An other solution would be converting Mine Provisions to Embassy Provisions or future Provisions respective not distinguish between them when donating.
Post edited by skk1701j on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Agreed, but it should have the same restriction that items have when you sell it. If you paid 500 Fleet Credits for it and sell it back, then it should give you only 250 Fleet Credits.
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Agreed, but it should have the same restriction that items have when you sell it. If you paid 500 Fleet Credits for it and sell it back, then it should give you only 250 Fleet Credits.

This won't work, because the Fleet Credits depend on the tech lvl of the fleet. So joining a different fleet changes the costs. So creating a new fleet allows to sell the Provisions for 400 Fleet Credits.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    It would be nice to be able to convert provisions to FC, made 20 of them once for a project and when i hit the OK to make them the project slot started filling up leaving me with 20 and nothing to use them on. horrid timing that was and wouldve been great to turn them back into FC.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cryptic should really convert all these provisions into a single item, instead of introducing a new one with each new holding. That way any excess of provisions we obtain could always be used on a future holding, or something along those lines.

As it stands though, these items are just pain in the back, especially since you can get them from special doff packs as a reward and from Mine doff missions. But what am I supposed to do with them if a given holding is already built? I cannot convert them, I cannot sell them to someone else, I can only discard them. It's ridiculous, honestly, especially since these items are useless as they are - yet another pointless resource sink. Because god forbids we could have some Fleet Credits for ourselves. No, that would be silly...

*sigh*
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't explain in words how mad I was when I bought a stack of those provisions, not knowing that they cost FLEET CREDITS instead of ENERGY CREDITS...

What the ****, Cryptic? Spend fleet credits to get a smaller amount of fleet credits?!

Please add the option to resell them for a refund, in FLEET CREDITS, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made that mistake.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    enoemg wrote: »

What the ****, Cryptic? Spend fleet credits to get a smaller amount of fleet credits?!

Please add the option to resell them for a refund, in FLEET CREDITS, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made that mistake.

No it is spend fleet credits to get NO fleet credits. when you donate them to a fleet project you get nothing for it, fleet leaders cannot even see who donates them either. So really they are a complete waste of FC to make and donate except to get the project completed.

And no you are not the only one who has done it, several fleet members did, one for 100k FC wasted.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They are a FC sink.

I'm unsure why we even need them (I guess they want to force us to play/do certain content). Do away with them altogether and have projects ask you to donate FC directly to fleet projects. Like they do with expertise.

Problem solved, useable across all fleet holdings, more inventory space freed, anything that rewards provisions, alter to give FC instead.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    please, please, please can we either get rid of these or change them? The only advantage to inputting stuff into fleets is you get fleet credits back which you need to buy stuff, but this one item then costs fleet credits (and quite a lot at that) which then more often than not wipes you out, especially on the upgrade projects that cost thousands.

I have no problem using dilithium and Ec and everything, but taking away the thing you then earn really is too much. Even if the numbers were drastically reduced. Does a project really need 2000 or so provisions at 550 FC each?

Its not like Fleet items only cost a few thousand FC. Some cost 100k. How are expected to get 100K if we are constantly needing them for an ever expansing number of holdings?
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    skk1701j wrote: »
    The info states a value of 800 EC. So after finishing Mine the Provisions rewarded for "Critical Success" in the Doff Missions are meaningless. Also replicating Provisions and recycling them means a total lost. Getting 400 EC for spending 600 Fleet Credits is a bad conversion, when 1 Fleet Credits is 75 EC. Therefore it should give 400 Fleet Credits instead. An other solution would be converting Mine Provisions to Embassy Provisions or future Provisions respective not distinguish between them when donating.

Huh?

1. Where did you get 1 FC = 75 EC? "Player" Economy? Cryptic's telling us - at least in this case - that 1 FC = 1.25 EC (based on the "pay" value of 600 FC and the "list" value of 800 EC of the item)... I also think that this is close to the going rate from inputting commodities, not sure off the top of my head...

2. On that note, if your mine is filled, then yes, the critical reward of 2x mine provisions are "useless", and, being character-bound, are nigh impossible to "move" to a needier toon (and to offload on a needy fleet = depart, join, dump, depart, return). So, I'll be thinking of them as a "bonus" 800 EC after 2 clicks more than the provisions...

3. I'm all for converting these "holding" provisions from individual styles into a common style - granted, there's getting to be more "currencies" now than pre-S5, but a majority of them (all the reputation marks, BNP) can be converted to Dil at least... Fleet stuff being the only "currency" that has no conversion...

4. I always thought that the replicator was great for "on demand" acquisitions - you see an empty spot needing provisions, you replicate just enough to fill the spot and go to town. Makes me wonder why anybody would stockpile hundreds to fill inventory... well, unless there's a great competition to fill provision slots and the stockpiler is attempting to jump the fill... Actually, the only time I stockpile provisions is when I'm using gateway to slowly poke away on my embassy... :P (via the 40 provision = 100 in both EXP slots special)...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The resale value is 320 EC (at replicator) or 400 EC (at a 50% vendor), never 800.

The free provisions from the mine doff assignments don't become any more useless after completing the mine than they were before. You can keep them for future provisioning projects or sell them for EC. You could never get any FC from them to begin with.