test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Research Science vessel bug in shipyard.

wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Federation Discussion
I'm trying to buy a VA version of the Research Science Vessel... and the shipyard wants to charge 200k fleet credit? am I missing something? The Fleet Research Science vessel is 1 extra console and only 20k fleet cred and Fleet Modules...
Post edited by wry1 on

Comments

• sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't think that's a bug. The Oddy Star Cruiser is the same way, along with the Aquarius Destroyer, and a couple others. I'm not complaining too much, it takes some work to get 200k FC, but for those of us that can't afford FSMs, it's a boon.
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The answer is very simple, there are two versions:

1.)Research Science Vessel Retrofit

2.)Fleet Research Science Vessel Retrofit
    Bridger.png
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's not a bug, ships with only 9 console slots are 200k fleet credits in the fleet stores. Ships with 10 console slots are 1-5 fleet modules and 20k fleet credits.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ahh, my bad... I understand now... thanks for clearing it up.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wry1 wrote: »
    I'm trying to buy a VA version of the Research Science Vessel... and the shipyard wants to charge 200k fleet credit? am I missing something? The Fleet Research Science vessel is 1 extra console and only 20k fleet cred and Fleet Modules...

It's definitely not a bug. What you're experiencig is that Cryptic a while ago used to introduce ships that are upgrades from the regular ship (in your case a Tier 3 ship), but are not on a fleet level. They also come from the fleet shipyard (in your case level 1 fleet shipyard).
    A kind of substitute for a C-Store T5 version of the ship if you may. So this "basic" retrofit of the Research Science Vessel that you're looking at comes with the price of 200k fleet credits as oposed to the fleet retrofit of the same vessel that costs 20k fleet credit + 4 modules. The larger quantity of the FC needed is probably to balance the fact that it does not require any modules.

However it's not a bug, it's suposed to be this way and always has been.

EDIT: Did I get ninja'd or did I get ninja'd while typing. lol :D :P
    HQroeLu.jpg