test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with defeating Jem-Hadar

tuvoksecuritytuvoksecurity Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
What strategy do you use when defeating the ships that warp behind you? Is it your weapon configuration or the defense power of your ship? Sometimes those ships don't go down very easy.
Post edited by tuvoksecurity on

Comments

• autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What strategy do you use when defeating the ships that warp behind you?

Autofire.

Of course, as an Engineering/Cruiser captain with 2 torpedoes and 2 beam arrays both fore AND aft, the question of "where" the enemy is in relation to my ship often just boils down to the question of "are they within 10 km?"

My Tactical/T'varo Retrofit captain rarely cares all that much if the Elachi warp jump around on the map, since I'm usually flying under Enhanced Battle Cloak and all I'm doing is lining up "bombing runs" for Dispersal Pattern Beta III to feed the enemy 14 plasma mines at a time. Waiting a few extra seconds before dropping a spread of plasma mines rarely disrupts my attack runs enough to be of any consequence.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My D'D loves to feed tailgaters Warp plasma. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What strategy do you use when defeating the ships that warp behind you? Is it your weapon configuration or the defense power of your ship? Sometimes those ships don't go down very easy.

Personally Ha'Fa Mirror and pop off an attack pattern to turn fast and then have all cannons torps and turrets firing at once. :D
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My D'D loves to feed tailgaters Warp plasma. :D

Have you tried pulling a Crazy Ivan? I love doing that in PvP. Many players don't expect a cruiser-type to full reverse in conjunction with evasive and/or ramming speed. The turn rate is much faster than they anticipate. The look of surprise is quite satisfying.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    Have you tried pulling a Crazy Ivan? I love doing that in PvP. Many players don't expect a cruiser-type to full reverse in conjunction with evasive and/or ramming speed. The turn rate is much faster than they anticipate. The look of surprise is quite satisfying.
    that is an amusing notion. :) doing it while spraying plasma doubly so. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What strategy do you use when defeating the ships that warp behind you?

Have you just reached level 30'ish and jumped into a D'deridex? That was the first time I had enemies warping behind me and I had to rethink my playstyle.

The D'deridex is a monstrously slow turner so you can't use the same weapons and tactics that would have worked so beautifully up to that point. Cannons are out. Beam arrays will be better and a turn rate console might be worth considering.

You could also just pass on the D'deridex and stay in the Mogai. I played through a few missions in the D'deridex at least to satisfy myself that I could pilot it properly but went back to the Mogai until I hit 40. Tactical vessels are generally the best option when solo'ing content.
  • tuvoksecuritytuvoksecurity Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks to all the interesting help. To reply to Varnoukh, I am actually a lvl 50 Vice Admiral now. I ended up using eject warp plasma with of course the D'deridex Warbird at the time. And the Boarding Party. I cant tell you the number of times my engineering shield and hull healing has saved an annoying death. That and my fire at will and torpedo spread. Now I have the Ha'apax Advanced Warbird. I do wish I could have as good of a ship as my federation only character.
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I do wish I could have as good of a ship as my federation only character.

Fed definitely have a broader selection but I wouldn't say they're better.

Even if you can only get your hands on one reman with infiltrator that should be enough for a 25% boost to all your opening attacks. That damage boost also applies to at least some non-weapon abilities (eg. gravity well) but not all (eg. tachyon beam, I think).

Warbirds seem designed for burst damage, then cloaking and running away. They require a different playstyle to fed vessels which I find most noticeable in STFs.

Are you using feedback pulse and polarize hull? Those are great abilities. Both scale with aux power but they may be decent even at low power levels, or you could emergency power to aux before using them.