test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please pair rep events such as CC with special Fleet projects...

picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
BLUF: It's impossible to keep up with the flood of Fleet Marks from events such Crystalline Catastrophe with the typical projects that are available. A special project should be available during/a bit after the event to deal with all these fleet marks.

This thing is just generating so many Fleet Marks that large fleets have players building up thousands of Fleet Marks with the inability to spend them.

Yes, we are finishing and starting new projects frequently. There are many different people contributing the common doffs and replicatable goods required to finish them. At some point it just isn't enough.

Following the period of time when everyone finished the CC main event, the problem just got that much worse. The ability to get 85 fleet marks every 30 minutes is just staggering. It's great and I think everyone enjoys the marks but it is only half the equation here.

Obviously I don't think we should just get a project that is all fleet marks, I understand that isn't going to happen. But what about a project that requires 3x-4x the amount of marks of a typical project. Or one that requires only fleet marks and replicatable goods. Give us SOMETHING to east the pain.

Frankly it is starting to cause a lot of friction and grief in some fleets as fleet marks are filled up within 5 seconds of a project being posted and folks are going days or weeks without being able to get FC for the gear they want.

Thanks for reading and considering this issue.
Post edited by picardtheiii on

Comments

• Options
    mll623mll623 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    An easy fix would be to allow fleet marks to be used to purchase fleet gear.

Eg, a fleet ship that costs 200,000 FC could be bought for 4000 Fleet Marks, or any combination of the above at the 50 to 1 exchange rate.

However, this would only be usable for an actual gear purchase. This would not apply to any project-related expenditures.

There could also be a way to spend fleet marks to buy energy credits directly from the fleet, possibly at a 500 or 1000 to 1 ratio. Eg, 100 fleet marks = ~75,000 EC. The EC would be generated out of thin air and the fleet marks would be destroyed.
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am not sure but I think Defera STF generates way more fleet credits then any other STF because it is there all the time and if you use fleet bonus pools you can get more then 300 FC per run....
  • Options
    picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the mechanism of forcing people to donate to be able to purchase the goods, but there has to be some kind of balance between the different currencies that are required.
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If it's fine with your leaders, you can find a small fleet that needs the marks and give it to them, then come back with all your fleet credits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited October 2013
    there is more then just fleet marks to donate.. plus during upgrades you need 1000s of them..

fleet marks are so easy to get you should have 1000s of them.. you cant expect to be able to donate them all.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.