test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Console accolades

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I would like to see accolades awarded for using individual ship specific weapons or consoles. 3 increasing ranks would be nice. Like, experienced, advanced, expert.

These awards could either reduce cooldown on reactivation of the console, or increase the strength of effect.

For example, maybe your captain has done 1 million damage with the point defense console and that awards the first accolade which reduces cooldown by 10%.
Or maybe you have taken the time to do a lot of damage with the lance on your dread and would appreciate a goal for using it more.

I like the idea of special consoles in builds, most of them are mediocre in my opinion because of long cooldowns or weak effects. This might be a fun way to fix that.

Your thoughts?
Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    an interesting suggestion, I like the concept, I would be unsure how it would work with balancing but couln't hurt too much i don't think

There are some DOFFs that will extend or reduce Effects and Cooldowns so the principle is established, this could just be an alternative method

Sumary, I like it, hope a Dev may take notice of it
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anything that can turn the sheer gimmickery of ship consoles into something worth using has my vote

/signed
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Interesting idea but I think this is already covered under set bonuses to some degree. Some consoles are only from the store meaning you'd have to pay to earn those accolades. They could make new sets giving added bonuses like both point defense systems but I can't see them adding accolades more like additional set bonuses.