test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NADoRC missing?

defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I am def. off CD, looked all day yesterday in 4 cycles, and in 3 cycles so far today. No NADoRC. Nor have I seen it on the DOFFCALLS sheet. I may be blind but I haven't found it. Anyone else?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
Post edited by defcon1776 on

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    try asking for a Tuffli freighter invite to use their Trader, sometimes that is what happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rng is rng
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rng is rng

not familiar with that :confused:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rng is rng
    defcon1776 wrote: »

Half the time I don't understand what the acronyms mean. People really should get into the habit of using the fully spelled out word or phrase the first time they use it in a post with the abbreviation in parentheses beside it. By doing that, then other people who are less familiar with those acronyms can understand.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    defcon1776 wrote: »

seems to be random number generator lol (based on a google search)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, RNG is Random Number Generator.

IF NaDoRC is up is totally random, and IF it's up, the location/s is/are random.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If you're playing a mmo and don't know what rng means, you need to look up mmo terms.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Saw it show in today's 06:00 (MDT) cycle in Beta Ursa. This is the one mission I go out of my way to check for and it is disappointing when I don't see it for several days after the cool down, but it happens.
  • Options
    sheppardussheppardus Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have you subscribed to DoffJobs chat channel? best way to find out about NADORC
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you're playing a mmo and don't know what rng means, you need to look up mmo terms.

That seems pretty close minded isn't it? As a weather forecaster, we are always told don't use weather lingo when explaining it to people not in the career field.

Also, this "we expect you to think the way we do" is why many foreigners pretend they don't understand English, especially when Americans visit other countries. Americans are bad about this, but they are not the only ones to do it. The French are the worst tourists, and even they agree they are bad.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    That seems pretty close minded isn't it? As a weather forecaster, we are always told don't use weather lingo when explaining it to people not in the career field.

Also, this "we expect you to think the way we do" is why many foreigners pretend they don't understand English, especially when Americans visit other countries. Americans are bad about this, but they are not the only ones to do it. The French are the worst tourists, and even they agree they are bad.

The analogy doesn't carry over. I play this game, you play this game. We both should be aware of the mechanics involved (at least the basics). Rng is a basic game mechanic. If I was having this conversation with a random stranger on the sidewalk, I wouldn't expect them to understand what rng was, if you're going to play the game (rng is by no means sto specific either it is a widely used gaming and coding term), learn basic "lingo".
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I had no idea what was meant and I know exactly what a random number generator means.

My problem was that when "RNG" was typed in lower case, it actually looked closer to "MG" which was meaningless to me lol.
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The assignment comes up frequently I got it on 4 toons yesterday and it is running right now on 3 more.

you should subscribe to doffjobs. or doffcalls if you just want calls and no chat or banter. also check the spreadsheet at bit.ly/doffs. So no it has not gone away if you do not want to check the sheet or use a channel then just check the three sector blocks and the three nebulas in that area every reset.

There are plenty of resources out there to help with anything doff related. Sure beats reading posts by these clowns bickering about RNG and what it stands for and if you should use it.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    paulyman wrote: »
    The assignment comes up frequently I got it on 4 toons yesterday and it is running right now on 3 more.

you should subscribe to doffjobs. or doffcalls if you just want calls and no chat or banter. also check the spreadsheet at bit.ly/doffs. So no it has not gone away if you do not want to check the sheet or use a channel then just check the three sector blocks and the three nebulas in that area every reset.

There are plenty of resources out there to help with anything doff related. Sure beats reading posts by these clowns bickering about RNG and what it stands for and if you should use it.

Kinda of strange...I have both Doffjobs and Doffcalls...hardly anyone talks in there about anything at all. BTW I do get the project every 6-7 days in average.
    DUwNP.gif