test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Spanish PVP Bootcamp

cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Boot Camp
Last week the First Spanish PVP Bootcamp finish in great success with more than 20 graduations (pluss the ones that are going to make the makeup class).

Spanish is the second language more used in the whole world, and even if the game is not translated to this language, there is a big community of Hispanic players. With countries in Europe, North, Center, South America and Africa, this players really set aside their cultural differences to enjoy and have some fun in this game (in particular PVP) together.

With the success of the bootcamp, we created a PVP Spanish chat channel call "PVP Organizado", that is open to every one that speak our language and enjoy playing PVP, casual or hard core. To join, just type /channel_join PVP Organizado

Now, let me thanks all the students that made this possible, also the coaches that give their time for this endeavour. Special thanks to the students that promoted the bootcamp (they know who they are) and in the same way, thanks to all the fleets, fleet leadersk and chats admins that allowed us to use their forums and chats to promote this projects. Also, thanks to kolln95, drkfrontiers and pwebranflakes for supporting the bootcamp.

Live Long and Prosper.

Sorry for bad english (spanish is not allowed in the forums)

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Post edited by cerritourug on

Comments

• Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Your English is excellent!

Congratulations on so many Spanish students! It is great news to say the least.

I encourage you to find a safe place where your students can regularly come together to practice using the channel to co-ordinate matches as such.

Please stay in touch and as soon as I find some quiet time to sit down and plan the next Boot Camp Companion Guide, please give me a shout.

Cheers,
    @drkfrontiers
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Your English is excellent!

Congratulations on so many Spanish students! It is great news to say the least.

I encourage you to find a safe place where your students can regularly come together to practice using the channel to co-ordinate matches as such.

That is the idea, and we also have a neutral voice communication system (Bootcamp TS), so if there are any interesting we have some good tools. I hope that in time, ppl will use it.
    Please stay in touch and as soon as I find some quiet time to sit down and plan the next Boot Camp Companion Guide, please give me a shout.

Cheers,
    @drkfrontiers

Just let me know what you need =)

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    sirkito2sirkito2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thanks for the classes were a great help:D
  • Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Spanish is the second language more used in the whole world, and even if the game is not translated to this language, there is a big community of Hispanic players. With countries in Europe, North, Center, South America and Africa, this players really set aside their cultural differences to enjoy and have some fun in this game (in particular PVP) together.

First of all, many thanks to the Spanish Division fleet, one of the top 10 fleets in Star Trek Online (one of the original first top tier 5 fleets also), to take the time and organizate the PVP Bootcamp. The Spanish speaking community is indeed huge in this game and I can imagine it's not easy to organizate them.

Indeed: Europe, all Americas (also second language in the USA), Africa and don't forget Israel and other middle east countries, when spanish is, after hebrew and arabic, the second most common native language. And yeah, I'd say it's about time to PWE start looking at such a huge market. Also, Star Trek wise, there's also a huge fandom tradition since in all spanish speaker countries Star Trek was on air since the Original Series. We're also many millions of gamers. So please Cryptic/PWE make the calculations and give us a gorram spanish localization for the texts, as you already have french and german!

With the success of the bootcamp, we created a PVP Spanish chat channel call "PVP Organizado", that is open to every one that speak our language and enjoy playing PVP, casual or hard core. To join, just type /channel_join PVP Organizado

Wow I didn't know about that channel, joining right now! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lter wrote: »
    Indeed: Europe, all Americas (also second language in the USA), Africa and don't forget Israel and other middle east countries, when spanish is, after hebrew and arabic, the second most common native language. And yeah, I'd say it's about time to PWE start looking at such a huge market. Also, Star Trek wise, there's also a huge fandom tradition since in all spanish speaker countries Star Trek was on air since the Original Series. We're also many millions of gamers. So please Cryptic/PWE make the calculations and give us a gorram spanish localization for the texts, as you already have french and german!

470 million people uses this wonderful language around the world, that is the official language in 20 countries. From the beginning, Star Trek has been in our homes even in the public and open television, there are hundreds of fan clubs in all the major city?s.
    In the game, we have a lot of wonderful fleets and chat communities, all growing strongly.
    This PVP bootcamp show us that wile the rest of the PVP is dying, there it was nearly 40 participants in this Spanish experience (with coaches, and persons that couldnt make the 4 classes).
    The Spanish community is here, dont forget about us Cryptic.

lter wrote: »
    Wow I didn't know about that channel, joining right now! :D

You and your fleet members are all more than welcome to the channel. I know that Flota Hispana is very active in PVP, doing a fantastic work here and I will be more than glad to work side by side with you guys to make the Spanish community strong in this hard world that is the PVP in STO.

I believe that if we manage to set our differences aside, the whole hispanic community, no matter the fleet they are on, can make epic stuff. Not only in PVP, but in the whole game.

Live long and prosper.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com